• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Introducing the bit "Teleporter"

Question about Teleporter and PS-Audio I2S standard. I have a Sony SACD player that has a HDMI output that conforms(I think) to PS-Audio I2S standard. Would I be able to link these two together? I mean get the I2S signal from the Sony's HDMI output to my TP 9018 DAC teleporter?

Question about Teleporter and PS-Audio I2S standard. I have a Sony SACD player that has a HDMI output that conforms(I think) to PS-Audio I2S standard. Would I be able to link these two together? I mean get the I2S signal from the Sony's HDMI output to my TP 9018 DAC teleporter?

No.

HDMI is encrypted, and requires a licensed decoder chip to make use of it. It is not the same as the PS Audio interface.

The Teleporter is simply a 4-channel LVDS sender/receiver.

[mini gripe]
The PS Audio interface is only a "standard" because they cal it one.
[/mini gripe]

:)

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Tele's and I2S transmission

I recall reading that ether Brian or Russ had transmitted I2S over quite some distance with no problems.
How does that jib with keeping I2S signals from source to dac as short as possible?
I would like to remote the BBB/Hermes/Cronus, but . . . :confused:

Joined 2007
Paid Member
I recall reading that ether Brian or Russ had transmitted I2S over quite some distance with no problems.
How does that jib with keeping I2S signals from source to dac as short as possible?
I would like to remote the BBB/Hermes/Cronus, but . . . :confused:

It works well for me by keeping the I2S connections as short as possible between Cronus or B3 and the teleporter. ...like, ~3 cm max. and soldered. The length of cat6 cable between teleporters is not an issue (within reason). :)

Last edited:
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It works well for me by keeping the I2S connections as short as possible between Cronus or B3 and the teleporter. ...like, ~3 cm max. and soldered. The length of cat6 cable between teleporters is not an issue. :)

I guess getting my head around I2S traveling multiple feet without a problem and more than a couple of inches to the dac is a problem?

The main reason for keeping the I2S lines short is that they are all pulsed clock lines (except for Data, but that's just as bad) and not only interfere with other nets, but with each other, through radiated noise.

The LVDS signals between Teleporters are differential, so far less susceptible to interference and noise. In addition, when send via twisted pairs in a sheilded cable, they are much less likely to radiate harmful interference to other nearby nets.

Hi,

I need LVDS MCLK signals to be fed into soekris dam1121 from LVCMOS MCKL out of the cronus reclocker.

This transporter has a TI DS91M040 and will translate the LVCMOS to LVDS right? It is possible to use it just for this purpose? It will give out one LDVS signal only right?

Thank you very much,

You can use 0-4 of the channels. :) Up to you. Take a look at the datasheet for more info.

Thank you!

I can not get LVDS MCKL out of the Crouns directly (as you just updated the board with buffers) do I?

Is there another data sheet than the few lines about the teleporter in buffalo assembly pdf? - Sorry can't find another.

One more thing, excuse me if i'm wrong: Aren't the Data and word of the i2s interface always a LVDS?