• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Introducing the bit "Teleporter"

Hello Rich

When I have got my new mechanism for my 3910, I would like to try I2S. Because this machine is very complicated, I would like to know if you have tapped I2S at the same points (attachment).
Hopefully your Denon is working properly now.
Thank you!

André

Hello Andre. I think I answered this at another forum, but if not I'll attach a pic of where. I attached at IC311 on the audio out board.

Thanks again for pointing out that DSD swapped R and L channels on the shared circuits with I2S out. Twisted Pear came to my rescue with the OTTO II, saving me from building a multiple relay board to correct that. I simply jumpered the shared wires from B1 over to B2 out and corrected the previously reversed R and L DSD channels.

Even with the lid on the Denon 3910, I still get dropouts using the Teleporters when that recliner is operated. (Upon releasing the switch). My two channel system is on a dedicated 20 amp circuit and the chair is several feet away. I don't use the Denon much so I haven't tried anything. Currently doing a dual mono build so my attention is diverted.

Attachments

• wires.jpg
    wires.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 488
  • otto_close.jpg
    otto_close.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 466
  • otto.jpg
    otto.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
Getting I2S from SB Touch is pretty straightforward procedure however requires very good eye, steady hand and thin wires.

Greetings Thomas. I got brave and did the I2S mod on my Touch and it still functions.:) I was going to buy a used one in case something bad happened but pricing is crazy since they have been discontinued. One correction, Bit Clk TP 260 was actually TP 268 on my board. My board had good print under lighted high power magnification.

Like you said the difference is subtle but I'll take it. Like my modded Denon with Teleporter, it is senstive to the recliner being operated in the room and the light being turnd on and off. And my two channel system is on a dedicated circuit. I haven't got a shielded CAT5 cable yet to try.

Thanks for the tips!

Attachments

• touch_i2s_1.jpg
    touch_i2s_1.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 434
  • touch_i2s_2.jpg
    touch_i2s_2.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 418
Thanks Thomas! It feeds a HiFiDuino/Corpius code controlled Twisted Pear dual mono BIII DAC that is nearing completion. I have a proper enclosure ordered from modushop, it should ship next week. Here is a poor quality pic taken at a friends house. It's in a friendly case.....it waves at you.:D

Attachments

• current_biii.jpg
    current_biii.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 364
Last edited: