• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Introducing the bit "Teleporter"

Now I have the gnd from the I2S output connected to the teleporter gnd (second row). Bit clock, word clock and data lines to the first three positions on the first row of connectors. In the dac they are connected in the same order. Otherwise the lines would get swapped.

At first I had to use a extra gnd line from my dac to the cd-pro. There was probably a large potential difference between dac and cd-pro. I connected it to one of the many gnd points at the dac and to the gnd of the cdpro. The easiest way to connect is was by connecting the rca outer shell of the dac to the chassis of the cd-pro. This solved the unlocking problems, but when I had build DAC and all related modules into a metal chassis the problem was gone! This had solved the problem somehow. All modules in my dac are floating, so not connected to earth. My cd-pro is connected to earth.

Perhaps you can try connecting it all using a wall socket that is not connected to earth. With my setup it played wonderful using such a socket. This is how I discovered the problem. Connecting it to to a wall socket that was connected to earth I couldn't get a proper lock.

Grounded emiter Teleporter to gnd RCA S/PDIF to 2nd row also grounded receiver Teleporter 2nd row to gnd Sidecar, now no sound no lock.
Inside your DAC the gndfrom the teleporter (second row) needs to connect to gnd at the sidecar.

The Buffalo need a 64fs bit clock but I'm not sure how much fs have the CEC TL1X.
Perhaps it is a good idea to search for the datasheet of the transport used in the CEC TL1X. This should give you information about the bit clock. I thinks that CEC uses Sanyo transports, but I could be wrong.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
How do you say "deglitcher"? I ask because I read in the ic Yamaha YM7121 datasheet:

"For 1 DAC, output uses DF00 and data latch uses WDCK output, and "deglitcher" uses DGL & DGR outputs."

Also said:

"DF00 is serial signal for MSB first DAC, 08 bit rate (8.4672MHz), WDCK and L/R are sync. signals."

Last edited: