• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Introducing the bit "Teleporter"

I had lock problems with Teleporters in my Denon 3910 to my BIII DAC. The 3910 did not have a ground lug on the IEC socket. It was like that from the factory. Installing an IEC socket with ground lug and attaching a chassis ground to it fixed my lock problem.

I have to go back in and connect my I2S grounds to the Teleporters based on Russ's post. To the ground row, not to a channel position, in the DAC and CD player.

We have a powered reclining chair in the listening room. Anytime the wife reclined the chair, I lost lock, the sound cuts out. This was after my Denon ground fix. My system is on a dedicated 20 amp isolated ground circuit, the chair is on a different circuit. Is that still DC through the mains or I need to put the covers back on the DAC and CD player?

Hello Rich

When I have got my new mechanism for my 3910, I would like to try I2S. Because this machine is very complicated, I would like to know if you have tapped I2S at the same points (attachment).
Hopefully your Denon is working properly now.
Thank you!

André

Attachments

• I2S Denon 3910.pdf
    157.7 KB · Views: 123
Hi Russ,

Hope you can give me some advice.

I have just recieved 1 teleporter and I would like to use it as a recieving I2s module in a diy tda1541 nos dac.

The transport is the Lite audio cd21 with has an I2s output via rj45 plug.

I have been told elsewhere that that lite I2S is differential as well?.

Can you tell me how to connect the teleporter inside the dac ( it will be within 3 inches of the 1541 chip)

cheers

Paul

Code:
 Lite CD21 I2S Specifications:

1 - GND 
2 - GND 
3=-LRCK 
4=+LRCK 
5=-SDATA 
6=+SDATA
7=+SCLK 
8=-SCLK

While this is differential, it does not properly utilize the twisted pairs in the cable. You will need to customize the wiring on the transport end to work correctly.

thanks Brian....might have to put this in the too hard basket...spdif looks good again:(

Hhhhmmmm, I have plenty of ethernet cables laying around ( those yellow and blue ones with rj45 plugs on both ends).
I was hoping just to cut the plug off the recieving end and wire directly to the teleporter in the correct fashion.Can you do it same as in say a pre amp with balanced out puts and only take the + to use for single ended ?
thanks again

All you need is an RJ45 crimped. If cables for this kind of application are something people could use, I could certainly stock different types.

So are you saying that a cat 5 or 6 cable with rj45 plugs on either end but wired for their tx or rx end connection?....I think you said to swizzle the cable to suit :confused:

Can you show me the pinout for the teleporter rx end now that you have shown me the Lite cd21 i2s pinout :)

I will have a crack at making up a suitable cable..or maybe it would be easier to purchase one from yourself...if you would make one up for me :)

The mapping is here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twisted-pear/201106-introducing-bit-teleporter.html#post2797255

Code:
RJ45 Pin : LVDS Signal

1 : B0
2 : A0
3 : B2
4 : B1
5 : A1
6 : A2
7 : B3
8 : A3

Note that the pairs Ax/Bx use the proper pin mappings to utilize the twisted pairs properly (namely, pins 3 and 6 are a pair, but non-sequential at the connector).

Which signal you use with which position is up to you. The goal of the cable will be to get the improperly pairs wires to the proper mapping right at the source connector.

The mapping is here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twisted-pear/201106-introducing-bit-teleporter.html#post2797255

Code:
RJ45 Pin : LVDS Signal

1 : B0
2 : A0
3 : B2
4 : B1
5 : A1
6 : A2
7 : B3
8 : A3

Note that the pairs Ax/Bx use the proper pin mappings to utilize the twisted pairs properly (namely, pins 3 and 6 are a pair, but non-sequential at the connector).

Which signal you use with which position is up to you. The goal of the cable will be to get the improperly pairs wires to the proper mapping right at the source connector.

Ok, thanks Brian...will try over the next week:)