• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Introducing the bit "Teleporter"

Joined 2009
Paid Member
CEC TL1 I2S

I need help to take of I2S signals from my old CEC TL1, wich one is the bit clock, word clock & data to connect with my Teleporter?

Attached pics.

Attachments

• YM7121B CEC TL1 pag 1.jpg
    YM7121B CEC TL1 pag 1.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 717
  • YM7121B CEC TL1 pag 2.jpg
    YM7121B CEC TL1 pag 2.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 723
Some questions about the TP Teleporter transceiver:

1) Does it buffer or amplify the I2S signal in any way?

2) If it doesn't then what does it do?

3) How close does it have to be, in inches or mm, to the source I2S pins on the DAC?

Carlos

1&2: It does buffer. See the DS91M040 datasheet for more information.

3. Generally speaking, it is best to keep I2S signals as short as possible, so, the closer the better.

Pending the receipt of my Teleporter (should arrive this week) I've been trying to work out the I2S output connections on my Teralink USB - SP/DIF convertor.

The latter uses a CAT5 socket to output the I2S but I've soldered some output wires directly to its output pins for the sake of neatness.

I confess to being a bit confused with the connections, which are labelled GND (no problem), MCLK (which i guess is master clock and isn't needed), LRCK (to D1), Data (D2) and SCLK, which is ? My guess is DCK but I'd appreciate some help please.

Hi Merlin, thanks, I did read this but couldn't quite understand -

I'm connecting I2S, which is the same as DSD? It seems I need to connect up from my Teralink I2S to the Teleporter as follows :-

Teleporter
0 = SLCK (on Teralink)
1 = LRCK " "
2 = Data " "

I therefore ignore the ground connection and the MCLK connections on the Teralink? All help gratefully received!

Teleporters

HI,
I have the teleporters up and running.
PC->Teradac Terelink module via I2s ->Teleporter->6'cat5->Teleporter->I2s input on sidecar.
Set the transmit teleporter to open/off and the receiver teleporter to closed/on.
Tony- I have the module, you may have the cased teradac. But I use this for connections and it works. LRCK->D1/LRCK, Data->D2/Data, SCLK->BCK, no ground connection.
I made a little lm7802 ps @ 4.8v for the teradac/pc end and used the lcdps @5.0v in the dac case to power the teleporters.
After reading some threads I set the SW1 #5 and #8 on, SW2 #5 and #8 on, all other switches off. I now can use the teradac usb-i2s converter without the constant dropouts I had before. In the past the teradac was unusable via i2s. I could use it with the spdif out but the i2s sounds better. The dac will still drop the signal occasionally but is usable. SQ is very close the the shigaclone transport when using the i2s connection on the teradac. :):):)

Many thanks Bikerboy, that's just the information I was after!

Regarding the SW switches, I'm using a Dual-Mono Buffalo II so I'm not quite sure how this translates, maybe Brian will have the answer. It's reassuring to know the Teralink's I2S output works though.

My Teradac started out as a cased one but I've modified it quite a bit -

Teralink-with-trident.jpg

(Sorry we're drifting a bit off-topic here...)