• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Introducing the bit "Teleporter"

Hi Russ and Brian,
I have Squeezebox where I tab left justfied data from and fed to a reclocker which in turn feeds I2S data to BII. Do teleporter works with left justified stream?

Also can 1 teleporter transmitter drive 2 recievers simultaneously, like in a hypothetical case where it needs to feed two Buffalos in dual mono mode, but for whatever reason two buffalo needs to be physically seperated considerably more than 10cm that I2S connection needs to be ?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sure you can drive two DACs in one chassis from one receiving Teleporter.

I don't think it was the question.

Also can 1 teleporter transmitter drive 2 recievers simultaneously, like in a hypothetical case where it needs to feed two Buffalos in dual mono mode, but for whatever reason two buffalo needs to be physically seperated considerably more than 10cm that I2S connection needs to be ?

I don't think it was the question.
Thanks for the reply Russ.

avr300 is right.

What I meant was whether 1 transmitting telepoter can drive 2 receiving teleporter simultaneously, where each receving teleporter driving 1 DAC, say in dual mono mode. This is not going to happen often, but if whatever reason the I2S connection from telepoter to the DACs has to be much longer than ideal 10cm or less, can I use 1 receving teleporter for each DAC?

Might get to try the Teleporter soon, but need to know
what the switches do and I see there are eight input/output
holes. I'd guess each pair of holes is for ground + signal pair?

It uses differential signals:

Because each channel of the Teleporter uses differential signals, with no signal ground connection, it also provides galvanic ground isolation between source and destination components, eliminating ground noise issues.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Just yesterday I found in my mail an envelope with 2 pieces of Teleporter.
If you did not order yours, do it now before they're gone. Yes, they are so good ! Teleporter does exactly what it is designed to and even more. Those little gizmos are small enough to fit anywhere. Tested for 15 yards over regular, unshielded CAT5 and they work like a charm. I can't imagine how I lived without Teleporter before. Just forget about SPDiF - Teleporter is the future ;-) Being picky I could ask for a little smd led on board to indicate operation and some headers added to the kit. Otherwise - top notch.