• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Introducing the bit "Teleporter"

From the draft version of the manual, which should be up shortly:

The Teleporter is pretty simple to configure. There is one dip switch that determines if a channel is a LVDS receiver or a transmitter. The 4 switch positions are numbered 0 – 3.
When a switch position is open (off) the corresponding channel is a transmitter. A channel that is a transmitter will receive 3V LVCMOS signals on the SE header position marked with that channel and will output that signal as LVDS on the same channel at the diff/RJ45 connector.
When a switch position is closed (on) the corresponding channel is a receiver. A channel that is a receiver will receive LVDS on the same channel at the diff/RJ45 connector, and output 3V LVCMOS signals on the SE header position marked with that channel.
The PCB marks the polarity of the differential LVDS signals. The PCB also marks the SE channels on the header.

My pair of Teleporters are on their way from the USA. I'm now wondering how best to use them and my final objective (if there's any such thing in DIY Hi-Fi...) is to get my grubby hands on the anticipated TP USB module, have this close to my computer and use the Teleporter betwixt this and my Buffalo II.

Meanwhile, I was intending to utilise the Teralink USB/SPDIF convertor I currently use which has an I2S output via a CAT-type socket but I was wondering if there's a simpler, more effective way of going USB - Transporters -DAC?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Received today the Teleporters, as I understood:

150mA
+5-7,5V

PCM
0 - bit clock
1 - word clock
2 - data
3 - optional master clock (typically not used)

DSD
0 - bit clock
1 - data left
2 - data right
3 - (unused for asynchronous stereo - but coul dpossibly be master clock)

Attached pic, Left teleporter "off" is transmiter right Teleporter "on" is receiver? I have to connect 4 I2S wires and I have 8 holes, wich one have I to use (where is writed SE near the numbers: 0, 1, 2 & 3)?

Attachments

• DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 389
Joined 2009
Paid Member
If you look closely, the holes further from the board edge are connected to the ground plane. Therefore, you want to use the four holes closest to the edge.

Thanks Brian

Are those jumpers on the LVDS header on the module on the left? If so remove them, you would never want to do that.

How can configure for receiver & transmiter?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
That's what the switch is for - on the left of the board in your pictures.

The LVDS header is there to allow people to use their own RJ45 connector(wired) or direct wire the LVDS signal between two modules.

So I have the DIP switch all four positions "off" for the transmitter & all four positions "on" for the receiver, attached pic (where was jumpers now is the transmiter), it's OK?

Attachments

• DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
    586.2 KB · Views: 421
  • DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    514.4 KB · Views: 417
Yeah, thanks again Brian:)

I have in mind to power separately both Teleporters, it's necessary a very good shunt regulatort or simply a LM317?

Teleporter has a local regulator, so you don't really need anything too fancy. Lm317 type is just fine. :) Even LM7805 is fine.

The supply range on the Teleporter is pretty flexible. 4-8V should be perfectly fine.

:EDIT: 9V may be on the high side - looking at the VREG junction temp. I would recommend 4-6V if you can do it and about 8V max.

I will double check this when I get home later.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Teleporter has a local regulator, so you don't really need anything too fancy. Lm317 type is just fine. :) Even LM7805 is fine.

The supply range on the Teleporter is pretty flexible. 4-8V should be perfectly fine.

:EDIT: 9V may be on the high side - looking at the VREG junction temp. I would recommend 4-6V if you can do it and about 8V max.

I will double check this when I get home later.

Did you checked?

Yes that is the correct signal order for PCM and DSD.

Thank you