• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Introducing the bit "Teleporter"

Good and new question. Thus, I would not expect a lot of general knowledge nor experience to help you. I would pull together the data sheets for the two LVDS chips and look at the minimum and maximum swing for each chip. If the receiving chip can handle the teleporter signal, at least you could directly test. If it seems dangerous, do you have any way to just use a second teleporter with the DAC?
Hi francolargo,

Thanks for that quick response.
The DAC is under warranty, so I really shouldn't open it up and modify it just yet.
I'm guessing the PS Audio receiver is a DS90LV032A (but that's not a certainty). I'll study the specs later and see if I'm feeling lucky. I'm hoping somebody has tried this.
It's also looking like I can buy a cheap card meant for driver LCD displays that has an LVDS driver on it. That may be the way I go.

Hugh

The real issue is that the RJ-45 pin mapping is not the same. This can be overcome with a custom cable.

We designed the Teleporter to fully utilize the twisted pairs of the ethernet cable with the LVDS differential signals. I am not sure how PS Audio did theirs, but I know they are different.
Hi Brian,

Yes, custom cable is what I'm prepared for. There's several sources of an excel file that shows how many brands implement i2s, including PS Audio. That indicates (correctly I hope) that they use the older LVDS and a DS90LV032A as the receiver.

Have you heard of any interface issues connecting the Teleporter to the older LVDS chips?

Thanks,

Hugh