Introducing the bit "Teleporter" - Page 20 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 20th April 2012, 02:10 PM   #191
Corpius is offline Corpius  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin el mago View Post
Dou you know how much fs bit clock has the CEC TL1?
No, but if you know which transport it uses you can probably find the datasheet.
Old 20th April 2012, 02:39 PM   #192
diyAudio Member

Sanyo SF90
Old 20th April 2012, 03:39 PM   #193
ichiban is offline ichiban  United States
space charged
diyAudio Member

Default unlocks

Get unlocks on the B2 when anything turns on or off. Lights, motors etc., not only that but if a light dimmer is turned only part way on the lock stays off until the dimmer is turned full on or off. I'm guessing its the teleporter because this didn't occur before. Any suggestions?

Old 21st April 2012, 12:11 AM   #194
space charged
diyAudio Member

Default Unlocks

....taking this to the TP Support Forum.

Old 21st April 2012, 11:12 AM   #195
diyAudio Member

I had met same problem when using similar LVDS - i2s transmission scheme (It's not Teleporter, built by myself )

I assume eliminating GND connection between i2s source and DAC cause this kind of unlock
issue more frequently than simple single ended i2s (including GND) connection.
Old 21st April 2012, 12:39 PM   #196
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktk_smile View Post
I had met same problem when using similar LVDS - i2s transmission scheme (It's not Teleporter, built by myself )

I assume eliminating GND connection between i2s source and DAC cause this kind of unlock
issue more frequently than simple single ended i2s (including GND) connection.
Yes an unlock in this case is typically not about the source at all. It is usually ground bounce or DC on the mains.

Last edited by Russ White; 21st April 2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 21st April 2012, 12:45 PM   #197
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
Get unlocks on the B2 when anything turns on or off. Lights, motors etc., not only that but if a light dimmer is turned only part way on the lock stays off until the dimmer is turned full on or off. I'm guessing its the teleporter because this didn't occur before. Any suggestions?
Dimmers are notorious for creating DC on mains. DC on mains can create very large EMI spikes which is why you get the unlocks.
Old 21st April 2012, 12:54 PM   #198
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
This also could also indicate (Just guessing because I have not seen it occur) that you need to make sure your source and your DAC are close to the same ground potential. The DC potential between the two may be too high. In cases like this make sure both the source and the DAC are well earthed and the problem should be resolved.
Old 21st April 2012, 05:40 PM   #199
space charged
diyAudio Member

Default unlocks

Thanks for the responses. Last night I did searches for lock problems on the TP Support Forum. Only got through the first three pages.
As to the ground potential difference, probably. The dac is in the living room and pc is in the kitchen, different AC lines. Getting them well grounded
could be a problem, our home built in the 50's is two wire not the three wire system.
Didn't have the lock problems when using coax to send sp/dif. Ground on cable saved the day? But I was going into the spdif-reciever then into the dac I2S inputs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just tried connecting pc&teleporter ground via a long wire to the dac ps.
Before connecting wire to dac I measured .23dcv & .9acv between ground wire and dac ps ground.
It did not make a difference. Lights, refrigerator motor starts/stops still cause unlocks!

I first tried the teleporters between a Phillips CD80 and the BII to transmit I2S signals. Can't recall now, if the lock problem occurred then. Both devices were on the same AC outlet. But, between every track there was a squelch. The I2S signal was tapped at the decoder output. I tried tapping at the SAA7220/DigitalFilter outputs tp the dac, but that wouldn't fly. I seem to recall that the 7220 level shifted the output to the dac for some reason!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White View Post
This also could also indicate (Just guessing because I have not seen it occur) that you need to make sure your source and your DAC are close to the same ground potential. The DC potential between the two may be too high. In cases like this make sure both the source and the DAC are well earthed and the problem should be resolved.

Last edited by ichiban; 21st April 2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: additions
Old 22nd April 2012, 12:00 AM   #200
Corpius is offline Corpius  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White View Post
Dimmers are notorious for creating DC on mains. DC on mains can create very large EMI spikes which is why you get the unlocks.
That is why I forbid my girlfriend to buy lights that use a dimmer. Perhaps a good mains filter (not Y-filter) will do the trick. I use medical grade filters from Corcom. They don`t have any leaking current to the main ground and no degration in sonics at all.

Hide this!Advertise here!