• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Introducing the bit "Teleporter"

...The next question would be: Would connecting the TPA USB in
a separate box via a short USB cable to the computer and long
cables between Teleporters in the TPA USB box and the DAC
box be a better way to go?

Thanks,

Skip

That'd be my question as well Skip. My current computer source is a fair way away from my Dual-Mono Buffalo & it would be a very neat solution.

Hi Russ, great bag of tricks here ;)
For my good understanding, would you please, confirm or not what I behave from previous reading :

1° - Source : PCM/I2S/DSD -> Teleporter Emitter -> Cat5 -> Teleporter Receiver -> PCM/I2S/DSD : DAC

2° - USB Plug -> TP New USB Receiver -> Teleporter Emitter -> Cat5 -> Teleporter Receiver -> PCM/I2S/DSD : DAC

3° - Teleporter Modules Emitters (E) and Receivers (R) are the same, configured with DIP as E or R ?

Thanks for your enlightments
Forgive me for my bad English

Last edited:
Hi Russ, great bag of tricks here ;)
For my good understanding, would you please, confirm or not what I behave from previous reading :

1° - Source : PCM/I2S/DSD -> Teleporter Emitter -> Cat5 -> Teleporter Receiver -> PCM/I2S/DSD : DAC

2° - USB Plug -> TP New USB Receiver -> Teleporter Emitter -> Cat5 -> Teleporter Receiver -> PCM/I2S/DSD : DAC

3° - Teleporter Modules Emitters (E) and Receivers (R) are the same, configured with DIP as E or R ?

Thanks for your enlightments
Forgive me for my bad English

Absolutely correct, except for the bad english part :)

What is the intended incorporation of the Teleporter into the BIII?
Presently, you have the SPDIF-4>Sidecar>BIII. I assume that the Teleporter would connect to the Sidecar, but that would only allow one i2s source. You appear to be interested in DSD and USB, leaving me with the thought that I am missing something or am confused. Both are likely!

Very easy. Just find and wire the PCM/DSD signals and a 5-7.5 power supply. Just make sure the format is correct for the target DAC.

Cut a small square hole and drill a couple holes in the back panel and you have a modded player.

You don't even need the square hole. Neutrik Ethercon connectors encapsulate RJ-45 inside the XLR form factor, so if you have an XLR hole punch you're good to go. They're back-compatible with standard ethernet cables, of course.

I was thinking of ethernet cable definitions, so your list would map to this (as per TIA/EIA 568B):

0: pins 1,2 (1 = orange-white, 2 = orange)
1: pins 3,6 (3 = green-white, 6 = green)
2: pins 4,5 (4 = blue, 5 = blue-white)
3: pins 7,8 (7 = brown-white, 8 = brown)

Note that one pair (pins 3,6) is NOT contiguous on the RJ-45 connector! People using Teleporters want to make sure they respect this wiring, since signal integrity depends on the positive and negative of differential signals traveling on their own twisted pair.

You want to make sure pin 1 at the transmit end corresponds to pin 1 at receive - that's the sort of mistake I often make, so heads-up.

Last edited:
Russ, I have been interested in lvds i2s for some time and have the format as an output option on my music servers. I put together an i2s database in case it's of use to anyone:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...HfdFhNT0xWQnNVWTI1QjhTdXVGVThiYnc&output=html

I would like to add your device to the database, but I have some questions:)
1. What is the pin assignment of the RJ45 connector?
2. What frequency are the oscillators that generate the master clock for the pcm signals when used with your USB module?

The RJ45 is a through hole part and optional for you to install- at least I am pretty sure we will do it that way. There is a 2x4 .1" header spot just in front of it that you can use in any case even if you decide to mount the RJ45 connector and later decide not use it.

The header also comes in handy for in-case module to module routing. This can be a nice solution where you might otherwise need to run several inches of wiring for sensitive TTL signals.

The signal mapping to channels is arbitrary. It is totally up to the user.

The mapping of LVDS channels to the RJ45 connect is this:

RJ45 Pin : LVDS Signal

1 : B0
2 : A0
3 : B2
4 : B1
5 : A1
6 : A2
7 : B3
8 : A3

We are not decided on the final frequency for the new USB module. But it will likely be 90.3168Mhz and 98.304 Mhz depending on the base sample rate.