• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Placid HD + COD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I`m planning a setup with dual mono COD`s. To start off I will use two Placid HD`s (not BP) to power the cod`s. I want to run the analog and digital parts completely seporate all the way to the wall socket. My question is: how much current does the COD draw (VD and VA)?

Here is what I am thinking:

2x Cod
1x SP-dif reciever/mux
1x IvyIII
2x Placid HD set to 7,5V 200mA, 100mA shunt (VD x 2 and VA x2)
1x LCBPS for the SP-dif reciever/mux
1x Placid HD BP set to 14,5V (when cold)
2x 9V transformer
1x15V transformer
One 9V will be connected to seporate IEC inlet and power the digital section. The other 9V will be connected to the same IEC inlet as the 15V (analog).

I have a R-core transformer with one set of dual 9V and one set of dual 15V (9V 2x0,8A, 15V 2x0,5A) will that work? Otherwise I`ll just order toroids.

I may insert Joshua Tree between first and second stage of the Ivy and try to connect it directly into power amp. If it works I may try to use an input selector and an analoge input for a RIAA stage.

The Buffalo II I`m currently using is great but lets try something else ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.