S/PDIF 4:1 MUX/Receiver Module - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 5th February 2012, 08:46 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Since I have to commit this week for a chassis size for the project and custom front and rear panels, and Russ / Brian haven't given a tentitive date on either the new MUX or (as mentioned in a different thread on this forum and their support forum) a re-issue of the old / current Mux, I'll have to buld my DAC without it. When either MUX (whichever will come first) is anounced to be avaialble for either sale or pre-sale, I will build a stand alone "switch box" for multiple inputs.... Not my ideal way that I wanted to build up this project, but one I'll have to live with as I need to get this DAC up and running. I've asked a few times in each forum about an ETA for either, but the silence of no reply has forced the direction I must now take in completing the project.

JD
Old 6th February 2012, 09:50 AM   #32
Spev is offline Spev  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Dude, just buy a case that will leave you some space. Get the rear drilled as you would for the existing mux. You can always drill a new hole in the front for the switch when you need it.
Old 6th February 2012, 01:26 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

I hate when people call me dude. (seems a bit "condiscending" ii.m.o.) Thanks for your suggestion, but dude, I don't want to rebuild / reconfigure and spend on custom panels for something that might not be available in the near future, if at all.... I have no clue on an ETA. My desire is to build once and be done with it and enjoy the music..
I have no idea when and if the MUX will see the light of day, so I can not plan around it. It's been about a year since I have had all the other bits for my B2 build and have been waiting for the MUX to appear ( in either form) since last July. A tad frustrating to see good hardware sitting in a box collecting dust. I've just made up my mind to build without a MUX.... that is not my first choice, but I don't want to wait untill a Buffalo 4 is intorduce to hear my Buffalo 2.

JD

Last edited by Jeffrey Davison; 6th February 2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 6th February 2012, 01:33 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Boards are ordered, they take a couple weeks to arrive. It (existing version) will be available in a couple weeks.
Old 6th February 2012, 03:03 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Bags me first! ;-)
Old 7th February 2012, 12:48 PM   #36
GordonJ is offline GordonJ  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDonegan View Post
Boards are ordered, they take a couple weeks to arrive. It (existing version) will be available in a couple weeks.
Good news - but, a question... will the new version have any particular advantages or extra bells and whistles when it comes along? I want to add MUX to my BII but there's no great urgency - in fact it only really becomes an issue when the USB module (and ADC...) become available.
Old 7th February 2012, 03:34 PM   #37
4est is offline 4est  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Davison View Post
My desire is to build once and be done with it and enjoy the music..JD
Good luck with that! I suggest that you breadboard everything first. When it is running and you are loving it, then assemble if nicely in a chassis...
Old 12th February 2012, 06:59 AM   #38
diyAudio Member

I think I will wait until the new and improved MUX comes on line and order up one.
I have an old Sonic Frontiers Ultra-Jitterbug I can use for the time being for my input switching. It is switchable between an optical, coax and AES/EBU balanced in and output either a coax or AES/EBU out. I just wont be able to have a USB ability or I2S, but that's OK for the time being as current source is a Wadia 20 transport until the next front end upgrade. The Sonic Frontier Ultra Jitter-Bug uses an Ultra Analog AES21 module to reduce jitter, as that was the basic funtion of the box, the input switching are just extra features. I figure the jitter reduction on the front end can't hurt as the AES21 was state of the art when it originally came out. After this box the SPDIF will go to a Monarch 48/96 upsampler before the Dual Mono Buffalo 2 ( with Feastrex transformers and a tube output stage) I'll put into service.
So I'll just bide my time awaiting for the new and improved MUX with all the bells and whistles.

JD
Old 18th September 2013, 11:29 AM   #39
diyAudio Member

Question No spdif signal lock if source is powered on before MUX

Hi,

I have a little problem, my 4:1 MUX when the source is already powered on, does not lock on signal in, but if it is powered before source, it locks to the spdif signal.

Any clues?

Regards,

Jorge
Old 18th September 2013, 12:06 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Hi Jorge,

Have you tried a different source?

You may want to post in the support forum with some pictures etc.

Hide this!Advertise here!