S/PDIF 4:1 MUX/Receiver Module - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 7th December 2011, 06:11 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

I'm finally getting around to building my Buffalo 2. I have all the parts I need except one: the S/PDIF 4:1 reciever MUX.

In going through the posts, it was in July that it was mentioned a new one for the Buffalo 2 would soon be available as the one in the web store has been out of stock now for a very very long while.

So... the question arises... When might it be available?

My build is dependant on multiple inputs and it would not be very cost effective (read that it would be very prohibitve) if I had to scrap my dual mono set up for a Buffalo 3 setup of like configuration. It would be extremely disappointing if I could not obtain the reciever. Please don't tell me it is now NLA

Thanks

JD
Old 7th December 2011, 06:30 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Hi JD,

I am also have been waiting for one for a very long time. The good news is it is coming soon (I hope). Please follow this link to see the reply from Russ few days ago!

S/PDIF 4:1 MUX/Receiver Availability - General Questions - Twisted Pear Audio Support

Hope this helps,
Milton
Old 7th December 2011, 07:03 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

It would be great if we can get board layout size as I am readying a chassis. That way when it does become available, I can just bolt it in and go.
It's been about a full year since I got my dual mono Buff2's Lagatos and power supplies. The sooner the Mux's are shipping the better. I'd even settle for the original one at this point, as that is what has been holding up my build for the last 1/2 year.
The link seems like a good news / bad news bit of information. Would really like the board sooner than into 2012.

JD

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiblesound View Post
Hi JD,

I am also have been waiting for one for a very long time. The good news is it is coming soon (I hope). Please follow this link to see the reply from Russ few days ago!

S/PDIF 4:1 MUX/Receiver Availability - General Questions - Twisted Pear Audio Support

Hope this helps,
Milton
Old 7th December 2011, 12:29 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
I am working very actively on it. Unfortunately crucial end of year real-job work has taken up all but sleeping time lately.

I have a prototype on my desk. Brian and I found a couple of hardware tweaks we need to make, but I will get those PCBs very soon. In the mean time I just need to finish writing the firmware.

Cheers!
Russ
Old 7th December 2011, 12:36 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

The board size is the standard 2x3.3 (http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/docs...rd_Outline.pdf).
Old 7th December 2011, 05:18 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Thanks Brian. you wouldn't happen to have a board diagram where the pin outs are by chance? That way I can also plan for the orientation of the board relative to the other boards in the chassis.... ie inputs, outputs, voltage in etc...

JD
Old 7th December 2011, 05:42 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

They are likely to move with the revision, so we should probably hold off on that until Russ has the changes made.
Old 19th December 2011, 02:04 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

I'm up for one of these when available too.

I'll be using an ADC for my analogue sources into one input, other SPDIF sources into others, SPDIF out to my digital xover and hopefully I2C into one of your Buffalo DACs for headphones, for the digital sources at least.

Also looking forward to the ES based ADC for later.
Old 20th January 2012, 08:56 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

is it mux yet?

JD
Old 25th January 2012, 04:13 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

word?

JD

Hide this!Advertise here!