!Buffalo 2 problem! - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 22nd May 2011, 12:18 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

yes my output format is set to 32 bits.

But can it caused the crakles? Anyone experience the crackles problem??
Old 22nd May 2011, 12:30 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

well "The output format from foobar to ASIO is determined by ASIO. If the music files are 8-bit or 16-bit or 24-bit it doesn't matter. ASIO normally uses 32-bit to receive and process data because that is the native format of the CPU."

So I can change it to 24 bit...
Old 22nd May 2011, 01:18 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

sorry, so I CANT change the output format, and it shouldnt change anything.

In fact, even when foobar is closed, but the dac is connected and open, theres crackles coming out of the speakers, so foobar cannot be the cause of the problem
Old 22nd May 2011, 01:28 AM   #14
reo is offline reo  Canada
diyAudio Member

at 16 or 24_bits the signal comes in clear. so trouble shoot elsewhere once these parameters are set .
Old 22nd May 2011, 01:33 AM   #15
reo is offline reo  Canada
diyAudio Member

and i presume that since you are running at 32-Bits you have the Kernel Streaming Output installed in your Components ? otherwise take it for granted that the signal is and never will be clear .
Old 22nd May 2011, 01:41 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

I use asio with foobar.

i switched to just use foobar with my sound card at 16 bit. The crackles are still there, even if foobar is totally closed. Also, at 16 bit, the music stop every 20 second or so...
That probably tells you that the problem doesnt comes from the way I manage my music.

Also, I tried with winamp, or VLC player, yet all the problems are still there...

thx btw

Last edited by jasonthegreat; 22nd May 2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 22nd May 2011, 02:06 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Another symptoms I can describe, evrytime the music stops, it stops two time within 2 second, then everything is good until the next time. but everytimes so far since I noticed, it stops two times in a row.
Old 22nd May 2011, 02:13 AM   #18
cersepn is offline cersepn  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthegreat View Post
I'm sorry for all the post.

Okay, something even weirder. The crackles are immediate with hi-res files, but with just normal flac files, the crackles are MUCH less often, but right when I put a hi-res vinyl rip files, the crackles are back
where are you getting these hi-rez vinyl rip files from? i had some and it wasn't ripped well, giving me tons of crackles.
Old 22nd May 2011, 02:34 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

No, my vinyl rips are from known guys on the net, with the reputation of giving a absolute vinyl rip and anyways, I listen to those rips all the times, the crackles doesnt comes from the files. Pm me for info about the vinyl rips, I can't tell it on a public forum. In facts all the rips I have sounds better then my decent turn table with the same vinyl. Theres particularly one guy on a blog that his rips are to die for

Okay, I think I found something! From one of the lcdps, the one going to the upper dac board, one of the black thing (transformateur I guess) gets super hot, boiling hot, while all the other 3 are in a normal temperature, so that might be the problem...
Old 22nd May 2011, 03:57 AM   #20
PCKING is offline PCKING  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Jason, could you post a pic of the insides of your DAC ?

My guess is if your DAC is using the Legato I/V stage, the crackling might be due to the failure of some of the I/V resistors on the Legato board.

Hide this!Advertise here!