Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise. - Page 52 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 1st September 2011, 07:20 PM   #511
Takaji is offline Takaji  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White View Post
Takij, you need to post things like this on our support forum please. But to quickly answer your question. You will want large heatsinks for that. And you will need to double check if you can adjust to that current (I have not tried yet). If you can't I can explain to you how to get there. I would use a 9V 30-50VA transformer.
Thanks Russ, noted. I will use the support forum in the future. Thank you for the info!
Old 1st September 2011, 10:45 PM   #512
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Good news folks.

I am testing AC2 with firmware designed for Buffalo III with the parts we will be stocking for the kit.

In my testing I found one small layout change I will make (already done) and as soon as those revised boards get here we should be able to offer it to you folks.

Highlights:

- Standard 4-bit parallel interface for displays
- 3 SPI inputs/outputs for displays or other hardware
- Super fast infinite write cycle FRAM for saving state, which is far faster and easier to use as well as more reliable than flash.
- Rotary encoder support with push button. Supports both optical and mechanical types.
- IR(RC5) remote support.
- 3.3V Level shifting for I2C for application that might require it.
- On board power supply with rectifier so you can supply either AC or DC voltage.
- Easy programming with the Femto USB programmable controller module.

The Femto controller module is removable from the AC2 for simple programming via USB.

I will create a GitHub account for AC2 code. People can use that code as-is or contribute code enhancements. There will also be a wiki for documentation.

Cheers!
Russ
So the Buffalo II is just for garbage before I have completed it !
Old 1st September 2011, 10:54 PM   #513
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlend Sæterdal View Post
So the Buffalo II is just for garbage before I have completed it !
I'm sure the AC2 will be able to control the BII as well. I expect BII firmware will be next.

Exciting news indeed. The AC2 has acquired almost legendary status. It's the "Duke Nukem Forever" of the DIY audio world (but more likely to live up to expectations).

In TP we trust.
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:45 AM   #514
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Absolutely AC2 will support BII.
Old 2nd September 2011, 01:30 AM   #515
diyAudio Member

For anyone who is looking for the ES9018 DAC datasheet to do some tweaking with their BIIIs:

I spoke with Bryan at Shaw Electronics (shawelectronics.com), the US distributor for the chip... he said that 6 months ago the ES9018 datasheet was taken off the non-disclosure agreement list, so now you just have to request it and he will send it to you.

So, if you want the ES9018 DAC datasheet, kindly email Bryan at "bryan at shawelectronics dot com" and ask!
Old 2nd September 2011, 06:09 AM   #516
Coris is offline Coris  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takaji View Post
For anyone who is looking for the ES9018 DAC datasheet to do some tweaking with their BIIIs:

I spoke with Bryan at Shaw Electronics (shawelectronics.com), the US distributor for the chip... he said that 6 months ago the ES9018 datasheet was taken off the non-disclosure agreement list, so now you just have to request it and he will send it to you.

So, if you want the ES9018 DAC datasheet, kindly email Bryan at "bryan at shawelectronics dot com" and ask!
Many, many thanks for this important information. I hope will work...
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:28 PM   #517
diyAudio Member

The datasheet has been available this way for quite some time. It has been mentioned before, but I am glad to have it said again.
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:32 PM   #518
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy Moon View Post
I'm sure the AC2 will be able to control the BII as well. I expect BII firmware will be next.

Exciting news indeed. The AC2 has acquired almost legendary status. It's the "Duke Nukem Forever" of the DIY audio world (but more likely to live up to expectations).

In TP we trust.
It is interesting and kind of funny. I have been using AC1 and AC2 for quite a while now, it has not really been the design that has been the hold up. It really has been a logistical issue of finding good available kit components etc and having time to test the whole thing as a practical package.

I do regret the delay in getting it out to you guys, but hey better late than never.
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:33 PM   #519
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Absolutely AC2 will support BII.

Old 2nd September 2011, 03:21 PM   #520
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The datasheet has been available this way for quite some time. It has been mentioned before, but I am glad to have it said again.
The last mention of the ES9018 datasheet in this thread indicated that you still had to sign a non-disclosure agreement... good to see this is not needed anymore!

Hide this!Advertise here!