Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2011, 09:45 PM   #31
diyAudio Member
 
Russ White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Also notice that the external IO connector is completely optional. For the MUX app only two signals + pwr/gnd are used. For that a nice 8 pin IDC connector will work great(2 of the pins will be open).

Its a little hard to explain at the moment but it will make more sense later.
__________________
Less pulp more juice Twisted Pear Audio.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 09:59 AM   #32
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lviv
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndriyOL View Post
Hi.
Can you reveal full performance and technical specs of the BIII?
At least what's a difference (pros and cons) between Sabre Reference 8-Channel Evaluation Board?

Reply will be appreciated!
__________________
If for pristine and pure adoration - it's diyAudio dedication!
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 11:12 AM   #33
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Send a message via Yahoo to Lil Knight
can we expect the usb transport will be out at the same time with the BIII?
__________________

  Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 12:09 PM   #34
LeonvB is offline LeonvB  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
At least what's a difference (pros and cons) between Sabre Reference 8-Channel Evaluation Board?
Well an obvious difference is the clock module. The reference board has nothing even remotely like that. And a good clock module is essential for the way the ESS chips function.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 12:23 PM   #35
LeonvB is offline LeonvB  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Its a little hard to explain at the moment but it will make more sense later.
Don't worry, it makes perfect sense already. I just don't know the pin lay-out yet, and using a full header with grip connectors on the positions you need usually is easier than getting multiple IDC connectors to fit. Your method of splitting a flatcable makes perfect sense if you already know what is needed and what goes where.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 12:42 PM   #36
diyAudio Member
 
Russ White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonvB View Post
Don't worry, it makes perfect sense already. I just don't know the pin lay-out yet, and using a full header with grip connectors on the positions you need usually is easier than getting multiple IDC connectors to fit. Your method of splitting a flatcable makes perfect sense if you already know what is needed and what goes where.
That is the part I am saying will make more sense later. Because honestly some of that is app specific.
__________________
Less pulp more juice Twisted Pear Audio.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 12:50 PM   #37
diyAudio Member
 
Russ White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndriyOL View Post
At least what's a difference (pros and cons) between Sabre Reference 8-Channel Evaluation Board?

Reply will be appreciated!
A few off the top of my head.

1) The ability to use whatever output stage you like. Even to mix and match.
2) An optimized 4 layer layout with excellent bypassing around the chip.
3) on-board configuration and volume control.
4) Flexible power supply options including optimal routing for the most critical AVCC supplies.

Really though, all you need to do is ask someone who owns a Buffalo II.
__________________
Less pulp more juice Twisted Pear Audio.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 01:56 PM   #38
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lviv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White View Post
A few off the top of my head.

1) The ability to use whatever output stage you like. Even to mix and match.
2) An optimized 4 layer layout with excellent bypassing around the chip.
3) on-board configuration and volume control.
4) Flexible power supply options including optimal routing for the most critical AVCC supplies.

Really though, all you need to do is ask someone who owns a Buffalo II.
Very curious to know performance specs for every mode and output stage.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with BII and this is almost completely different beast I believe
Any approximate price for the kit setup?
__________________
If for pristine and pure adoration - it's diyAudio dedication!
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 02:03 PM   #39
diyAudio Member
 
Russ White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndriyOL View Post
Very curious to know performance specs for every mode and output stage.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with BII and this is almost completely different beast I believe
Any approximate price for the kit setup?
Final performance will be completely up to you, and up to you to measure. this is DIY not a finished product. There are so many different variables for you to tweak and adjust that no two random setups are going to perform exactly the same.

Stereo/mono analog performance wise there really should be little if any difference from BII to BIII.

I would recommend getting familiar with the BII. Ask around.

At the moment BIII is still a prototype. We have not finalized anything in regard to pricing or options yet.
__________________
Less pulp more juice Twisted Pear Audio.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 02:23 PM   #40
diyAudio Member
 
Russ White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndriyOL View Post
In BII User manual you mentioned -120db THD+N in mono mode. Is BIII inferior by this to Sabre Reference 8-Channel Evaluation Board?
No not by any means.

You could buy both and compare for yourself.
__________________
Less pulp more juice Twisted Pear Audio.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Legato or IVY III outputs for Buffalo II? natzev_i Twisted Pear 272 21st March 2011 08:08 PM
Buffalo Dac original vs Buffalo II mrtakib Digital Line Level 7 24th August 2010 06:47 AM
How much compromise, small EQ'ed sub audiobomber Subwoofers 10 15th March 2007 09:46 PM
Considering a compromise mashaffer Full Range 7 14th May 2006 11:45 PM
OB subs: Best compromise? MtnBob Subwoofers 13 26th May 2004 02:19 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:47 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2