Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise. - Page 121 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 17th December 2012, 12:58 AM   #1201
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c12mech View Post
I just finished this one for a member at head-fi. It sounds amazing and I would recommend it to anyone.
Nice build. What make of chassis is that?
Old 17th December 2012, 01:09 AM   #1202
diyAudio Member

I finally finished my dual mono BIII. Waiting for my GB Amanero USB/I2S module, and I have to finish wiring the remaining inputs.The USB input is just stuck in there as a filler. The blue LCD will eventually be replaced by a green one. Enclosure is a Hi-Fi 2000 Pesante 3U. Machining/engraving done by Hi-Fi 2000/Modushop. I did the color fill using Testors enamel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pesante_0.jpg (54.7 KB, 349 views)
File Type: jpg pesante_13.jpg (233.8 KB, 345 views)
File Type: jpg pesante_14.jpg (205.2 KB, 343 views)
File Type: jpg pesante_12.jpg (84.1 KB, 333 views)
File Type: jpg pesante_15.jpg (86.9 KB, 325 views)
Old 17th December 2012, 01:23 AM   #1203
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCompRacer View Post
I finally finished my dual mono BIII. Waiting for my GB Amanero USB/I2S module, and I have to finish wiring the remaining inputs.The USB input is just stuck in there as a filler. The blue LCD will eventually be replaced by a green one. Enclosure is a Hi-Fi 2000 Pesante 3U. Machining/engraving done by Hi-Fi 2000/Modushop. I did the color fill using Testors enamel.
Nice. Did you mean 32bit/384 kHz on the front panel?

Best,

Anand.
Old 17th December 2012, 03:19 AM   #1204
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycavsr2000 View Post
Nice. Did you mean 32bit/384 kHz on the front panel?

Best,

Anand.
Thanks Anand. Yes, I deliberately left 'bit' out. You either know or you'll ask, right?
Old 17th December 2012, 03:25 AM   #1205
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thanks Anand. Yes, I deliberately left 'bit' out. You either know or you'll ask, right?
The "bit" part was not my concern. My concern was the part after that.

384 Hz

vs.

384 kHz

Anand.
Old 17th December 2012, 03:45 AM   #1206
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycavsr2000 View Post
The "bit" part was not my concern. My concern was the part after that.

384 Hz

vs.

384 kHz

Anand.
I'll have to go back and look at the plan........ OK, I can tell you how it happened, but it still ends with it being my fault. I had the wrong front panel size at first, started over and screwed up. I been lost in the woods and didn't notice....

Last edited by SCompRacer; 17th December 2012 at 03:49 AM.
Old 17th December 2012, 09:02 AM   #1207
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I'll have to go back and look at the plan........ OK, I can tell you how it happened, but it still ends with it being my fault. I had the wrong front panel size at first, started over and screwed up. I been lost in the woods and didn't notice....
It looks great, I had a similar thing happen recently, too deep in the forest to see the trees

Nobody else has a 384Hz model
Old 17th December 2012, 12:40 PM   #1208
c12mech is offline c12mech  United States
diyAudio Member

That is a nice looking build. Can you give a little information about the display. I would like to have some for the next one I do for myself. I would love to be able to use a VFD for the display. I just like the look.

Can anyone suggest some good caps to use as AC coupling caps. Russ suggested 4.7uf-10uf as a size. I just need to know what anyone might be using that sounds good. Prices for such animals can be ridiculous.
Old 17th December 2012, 12:47 PM   #1209
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c12mech View Post
That is a nice looking build. Can you give a little information about the display. I would like to have some for the next one I do for myself. I would love to be able to use a VFD for the display. I just like the look.

Can anyone suggest some good caps to use as AC coupling caps. Russ suggested 4.7uf-10uf as a size. I just need to know what anyone might be using that sounds good. Prices for such animals can be ridiculous.
As DC blocking at the balanced output or for what purpose. As dc blocking at the output of Legato Balanced I recommend Silmic II . To get better sound you have to buy very exspensive and very big caps like DCA cast .
Old 17th December 2012, 03:11 PM   #1210
c12mech is offline c12mech  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlend Sæterdal View Post
As DC blocking at the balanced output or for what purpose. As dc blocking at the output of Legato Balanced I recommend Silmic II . To get better sound you have to buy very exspensive and very big caps like DCA cast .
DC blocking at the outputs are what is needed. I know that these can get really expensive. How do different values affect the sound? It sounds great as is but I nor the owner want to change the sound unless it is better. I thought of buying a few of the less expensive ones to try out. Just to see the kind of difference it makes.

Hide this!Advertise here!