• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is no complete kit for that - yet. You would need an input like the new USB receiver, provided it's first iteration would go to 8 channels @ 32/384 (which is unsure).

For the rest, at a minimum you would need:
- 1x BIII + Trident kit
- 4x IVY3
- 1x Placid HD
- 1x Placid HD BP
- 1x 9V transformer
- 1x 15V transformer with dual secondaries

For the rest, at a minimum you would need:
- 1x BIII + Trident kit
- 4x IVY3
- 1x Placid HD
- 1x Placid HD BP
- 1x 9V transformer
- 1x 15V transformer with dual secondaries

So if I want to do a 4-channel output (since I can't afford 4x IVY boards right now), both of those IVY boards can be powered by a single Placid HD BP? I thought I would have to buy a Placid HD BP and 15V transformer to couple with each IVY board.

Legato 3.1 doesn't suit for that purpose? If yes, than can I use one Placid HD_BP for four Legato 3.1 or IVY3?
Does the BIII accept DSD128FS input signal? I guess in this case DAC should be configured to operate in phase mode. Does a crystal used in BIII capable of that?

Last edited:
Legato 3.1 doesn't suit for that purpose?
The Legato series of I/V stages uses more power, so you would want to make sure packing 4 of those in your case isn't a problem. Also, adapting the IVY3 will take a little less effort (less components to change) and I think Russ stated the IVY3 will respond a little better to just 1/4 of the normal signal.
In any case, the IVY3 uses so much less power that you could get away with just 1 Placid HD + transformer, along with the lower price of the IVY3 (compared to Legato with buffer) that's quite a bit of $$ you're saving.

Raffle to Raise funds for Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières

Twisted Pear Audio is holding a raffle to raise money to support Doctors Without Borders' relief efforts around the world.

Raffle tickets are $10 each, enter as often as you'd like.

100% of the the money raised goes to Doctors Without Borders.

A final drawing will be held on Wednesday, August 31st.

Last year, Twisted Pear Audio's customers raised more than $10,000 for Doctors Without Borders (here and here). Let's see if we can top that!

"Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organization created by doctors and journalists in France in 1971.

MSF's work is based on the humanitarian principles of medical ethics and impartiality. The organization is committed to bringing quality medical care to people in crisis regardless of their race, religion, or political affiliation."

Find out more about Doctors Without Borders and their work here:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.