Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise. - Page 111 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 21st May 2012, 05:30 AM   #1101
diyAudio Member

Hi Russ

Any update on the AC2? As I am designing the chassis for the DAC and have to consider the panel layout and the number of input ports.
Old 21st May 2012, 02:12 PM   #1102
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
Hi Russ

Any update on the AC2? As I am designing the chassis for the DAC and have to consider the panel layout and the number of input ports.
As I understand it, it's a finished product but the issues are: software/instructions and the fact that Brian doesn't have sufficient free time for assembly.

A shame I know, many of us have been patiently waiting for years.
Old 21st May 2012, 02:23 PM   #1103
diyAudio Member

Actually, things are happening with AC2 at the moment. I will have some kind of update soon.
Old 21st May 2012, 08:53 PM   #1104
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDonegan View Post
Actually, things are happening with AC2 at the moment. I will have some kind of update soon.
Hopefully the update will not involve abandoning the AC2

If not, then there will be many happy people indeed.

Don't tease us for too long now, please.
Old 22nd May 2012, 12:11 PM   #1105
zoka959 is offline zoka959  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDonegan View Post
Brian
1.I want to use Buffalo III in two way system,
what is your reccomendation to use it two by two in parallel or just two of four dacs as single ended.
And how will I account resstor value for it.
2.On Legato i/v lowering R1-R4 below 150R will that improove the characteristics , cause I have amplificaton with high gain and speakers very sensitive.
Zoran
Old 22nd May 2012, 05:27 PM   #1106
diyAudio Member

Default Testing B3

Hi all,

Is there a way to test my build without having iec socket, rca plugs for input and outputs?

I haven't decided on what case yet and notice many cases come with these items built in.

Jeff
Old 27th May 2012, 07:48 AM   #1107
Feckie is offline Feckie  Australia
diyAudio Member

Anyone in Brisbane want to help a newbie build a Buffalo III??
Old 3rd June 2012, 03:09 PM   #1108
RollE2k is offline RollE2k  Sweden
diyAudio Member

One question..
I'm planing on building a Buffalo III with the Trident shunt regulators & Legato I/V Stage, and due to lack of space in my case, i can only use shunt regulator PSU for either the Dac, or the I/V Stage - where would it give the most benefits? i thought that it would be the I/V stage, since the DAC already have those small shunt-regulator boards on itself, and that will probably help some, but this is just a guess. So anyone that can help, maybe Russ? :-)
Old 3rd June 2012, 03:20 PM   #1109
diyAudio Member

Default Yup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollE2k View Post
One question..
I'm planing on building a Buffalo III with the Trident shunt regulators & Legato I/V Stage, and due to lack of space in my case, i can only use shunt regulator PSU for either the Dac, or the I/V Stage - where would it give the most benefits? i thought that it would be the I/V stage, since the DAC already have those small shunt-regulator boards on itself, and that will probably help some, but this is just a guess. So anyone that can help, maybe Russ? :-)
You have it right. Use a shunt for the I/V stage, and the smaller LCDPS for the DAC pre-regulator. Because the Tridents are last thing any of the DAC circuitry "sees". I built up a B-III/IVY-III for a friend using this approach, and it sounded great. With the LCDPS, you also have an extra supply, which is nice to have if you plan on adding a USB receiver, or other add on.
Old 3rd June 2012, 03:24 PM   #1110
diyAudio Member

I am using Ian's FIFO with SPDIF for coaxial and Toslink input and WaveIO for USB and planning to use the sidecar for selection between these two models. Should I remove the jumpers JPCM1-3?

Hide this!Advertise here!