• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Russ

Any update on the AC2? As I am designing the chassis for the DAC and have to consider the panel layout and the number of input ports.

As I understand it, it's a finished product but the issues are: software/instructions and the fact that Brian doesn't have sufficient free time for assembly.

A shame I know, many of us have been patiently waiting for years.

Actually, things are happening with AC2 at the moment. I will have some kind of update soon.
Brian
1.I want to use Buffalo III in two way system,
what is your reccomendation to use it two by two in parallel or just two of four dacs as single ended.
And how will I account resstor value for it.
2.On Legato i/v lowering R1-R4 below 150R will that improove the characteristics , cause I have amplificaton with high gain and speakers very sensitive.
Zoran

One question..
I'm planing on building a Buffalo III with the Trident shunt regulators & Legato I/V Stage, and due to lack of space in my case, i can only use shunt regulator PSU for either the Dac, or the I/V Stage - where would it give the most benefits? i thought that it would be the I/V stage, since the DAC already have those small shunt-regulator boards on itself, and that will probably help some, but this is just a guess. So anyone that can help, maybe Russ? :)

Yup...

One question..
I'm planing on building a Buffalo III with the Trident shunt regulators & Legato I/V Stage, and due to lack of space in my case, i can only use shunt regulator PSU for either the Dac, or the I/V Stage - where would it give the most benefits? i thought that it would be the I/V stage, since the DAC already have those small shunt-regulator boards on itself, and that will probably help some, but this is just a guess. So anyone that can help, maybe Russ? :)

You have it right. Use a shunt for the I/V stage, and the smaller LCDPS for the DAC pre-regulator. Because the Tridents are last thing any of the DAC circuitry "sees". I built up a B-III/IVY-III for a friend using this approach, and it sounded great. With the LCDPS, you also have an extra supply, which is nice to have if you plan on adding a USB receiver, or other add on.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
fantastic news!
in the meantime I´ve made my own OTTO version switching between Exa I2S and Teleporter to Sidecar
works like a dream!
now I only need to hook up the I2S feed from the sd cardplayer to the Teleporter, which is ready installed with seperate psu inside sd card player
very exciting!
best
Leif

Can we expect some more details/pictures? Maybe in a dedicated thread?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
fantastic news!
in the meantime I´ve made my own OTTO version switching between Exa I2S and Teleporter to Sidecar
works like a dream!
now I only need to hook up the I2S feed from the sd cardplayer to the Teleporter, which is ready installed with seperate psu inside sd card player
very exciting!
best
Leif

Can we expect some more details/pictures? Maybe in a dedicated thread?

+1:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.