• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi - I'm building my first buffalo - a 32S - I can't find this anywhere -- can someone tell me what size and kind of wire to use from the TPA PSUs to the main board ... and from the main board to the RCA/BNC outputs - Sorry for the newbie question -THANK YOU, Kind Regards, dean

DPLL...

Hi Brian and Russ,

I got some issue with BIII , can't lock well or can't lock when i use normal CD player as transport ,if swap to DVD player as Transport ,can lock well.

Any setting need to take care ?

Thanks

You might try adjusting the DPLL bandwidth settings. But I would be tempted to just use the source which provides the best lock-this is probably an indication that the output of your CDP has more jitter than your DVDP, and a lower jitter input to the B-III will result in better sound.

I am getting ready to put everthing together on my Buffalo III. I was wondering if there is a down side to making a wooden enclosure for it? And if there is could you please explain the reason?

Thanks,

Mark

It depends on how noisy your environment is in regard to EMI.

I have most of my stuff in wooden enclosures with no issues, but you will get better shielding from EMI if you use a metal enclosure and properly ground it.

Cheers!
Russ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.