• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
(...)
One other very cool feature of B-III are the jumpers which are located on the bottom on the board. They are used to connect digital or analog nets togther. Want a Stereo DAC? Ok no problem. Mono? OK :) 4 - channel? easy! Even 6, 1, and for the totally crazy - 1 channel with each output in exactly the same phase. All of those are possible.

So let the fun begin! Well soon anyway... :)

Does that mean two Buffalo III can be used in mono with only one Legato 3?

The jitter reduction switch doesn't quite make sense:

Using the DAC in normal mode, that is with a local clock, results in the samples being asynchronously converted and thus the jitter reduction comes from that conversion. So there is no way to turn it off because you cannot turn off the local clock.

Conversely, if you use the DAC synchronously, that is not using the local clock but feeding the appropriate clock that is generated with the data, then you cannot turn on jitter rejection because there is no ASRC.

So it seems that the switch does not do anything...

Start at what time ? can accept pre-order ? We are not in US time zone.

This will be for pre-orders. This is how it works, in a nutshell...

I will be accepting pre-orders in batches. I size the batches so that I can actually deliver them as promised. Each batch of pre-orders will have a ship week associated with them. You basically just add the DAC to your cart like any other item and I ship the entire order on the stated week.

I cannot accept an endless list, mainly because I don't like being in a position of having people's money without a solid idea and ability to ship the product. I am working on a way to accept pre-orders going further out into the future, however. More on that later.

The downside is that the pre-orders tend to sell out very quickly. There is not a lot I can do about that, other than to keep offering more and more batches.

As for the time of day, I move this around for each sale to give different time zones a break. 6:00 EST, 12:00 EST, 18:00 EST, 24:00 EST

Last edited:
This will be for pre-orders. This is how it works, in a nutshell...

I will be accepting pre-orders in batches. I size the batches so that I can actually deliver them as promised. Each batch of pre-orders will have a ship week associated with them. You basically just add the DAC to your cart like any other item and I ship the entire order on the stated week.

I cannot accept an endless list, mainly because I don't like being in a position of having people's money without a solid idea and ability to ship the product. I am working on a way to accept pre-orders going further out into the future, however. More on that later.

The downside is that the pre-orders tend to sell out very quickly. There is not a lot I can do about that, other than to keep offering more and more batches.

Why do it in specific date and time ,alot might rush for it ,for some can't get it will be vary disappointed.

if possible ,we can order the DAC III now or any time,without waitting for the Announcement ,if not ,need to monitor the website almost everyday .:cool:

This is what I was referring to above, about holding people's money with no specific date of delivery. It seems like a recipe for disaster to me. Instead, we are steadily working to have more and more units available.

Nice work, Bryan! We can finally see the countdown timer :D

Question...
"(Pre-Order) Buffalo-III DAC (1) Buffalo-III Base Module (Assembled and Tested)
(1) AVCC Dual Shunt Regulator Module (Assembled and Tested)
(2) Trident 3.3V Shunt Regulator Module (Assembled and Tested)
(1) Trident 1.2V Shunt Regulator Module (Assembled and Tested)
"
Any options for the DAC chip alone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.