• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You must wire it in B3SE mode. Joining D1 to D5 and joining D2 to D4,D6. You could do this with the jumpers or with plain wire at the inputs - your choice. Then you must set the DIP switch to operate in stereo mode (switch 2 position 8).

Thank you, Russ.

I prefer to join them by jumpers. And SE mode.
So am I correct if understand that I should USE all jumpers?
JPCM1 (JPCM1, 3)
JPCM2 (JPCM2, 1)
JPCM3 (JPCM3, 2)
JDSD1 (JDSD1, 5)
JDSD2 (JDSD2, 4)
Then active Input remapping by SW2 position 8.

Hi Russ, Brian

Finally I could achieve my target to run both DSD and PCM by connecting just JPCM1,2 and JDSD1,2.

DSD and PCM file sound smoothly without pop,click but very low volume. Normally, my amplifier is in 12h position, now I have to turn it to max position, but it is still far from normal sound level.

I am using IVYIII and notice that Buffalo III volume port doesn't work, same level at any operation.

Anything wrong or just normal because jumper changing so I have to increase gain in IVYIII?

Hi Russ, as the github links to the latest non-pro BIII firmware do not work anymore, can you please make it available either on the existing github or the documents section in the TPA site?

Thank you very much.
Hmm - I think I might have just made it private for now - I will move it over and make it public :)

It also needs a rewrite...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.