• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Could we see a pinout chart for the connector coming from the S/PDIF input module please?
Pinout charts are in the appendices:
- page 30. Appendix: Pin lay-out of the external I/O connector
- page 31. Appendix: Pin lay-out of the input header
In version 1.0.1 a table is included that more closely resembles the physical lay-out of the headers.

Pinout charts are in the appendices:
- page 30. Appendix: Pin lay-out of the external I/O connector
- page 31. Appendix: Pin lay-out of the input header
In version 1.0.1 a table is included that more closely resembles the physical lay-out of the headers.

Yes, but the guide doesn't include the pinouts of the connector on the S/PDIF input module... those connectors are coming out of the BIII.

The ribbon is 20 pins, the BIII EXT/IO is 24 pins ?, how to connect ?
also the selector board also has 24 pins,just ingore the last 4 pins ?

Actually the manual is good ,but i still prefer something simple , like block diagram or diagram with all wire connections,similar to below link.

http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/docs/digital/simple_BII+IVYIII_complete.pdf
:D

Thanks

The SPDIF module (20-pin header) connects to the 20-pin input header, not the EXT I/O header. EXT I/O (24-pin) is for communication with the uController.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Simply because it works the best for the widest range of sample rates and sources. The ES9018 can't accept much faster clock. It is toward the top of the range.

I asked you this, because in the last time I intended to change that 80Mhz clock with a 100Mhz one. It was not possible for me to find in that moment a 100Mhz oscillator, but an 106,250Mhz. I had doubt that this strange frequency can work with ESS9018, but I bought it anyway, and I just replaced the old one with this 106Mhz clock. I was very surprised to see that is work very well. From 80Mhz to this 106Mhz, the increasing fidelity of the sound, is amazing!
Now I`m wonder more to know what could be in fact the highest clock frequency this DAC can support....
I just think to experiment a little more in this...

Simply because it works the best for the widest range of sample rates and sources. The ES9018 can't accept much faster clock. It is toward the top of the range.

If i want only two channel output to iv stage ,which output should i connected ? there are so many outputs(on the din ,01 to 08) ,also vary confuse with the JPCM2 ,JPCM3 and the rest...of jumper:confused:

I had BIII and S/pdif-4 input board ,what jumper i need to take care , and what output to connect to my IV stage(two channels only) .. (i just one stereo output).

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.