• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Interesting, could you please tell me how to do this without a harm to soundcard?

Seriously? We simply don't have enough data here. First you don't even say which sound card. next, anything you did *could* potentially kill the sound card. There is no way for us to know that. :) You would have to know several things about the sound card first.

Once you know what codec it uses you may or may not be able to tap PCM from it. It all depends on the plumbing. :) It is not a project for the faint of heart. You will have to do quite a lot of digging on your own.

In any case not really something we focus on here in this particular thread.

It's Audigy 2ZS. There is Cirrus Logic CS4382 DAC.
Just direct wires from DAC input pins won't work? I don't know only if I have to cut the signal going to DAC or it can be in parallel to BIII inputs? I guess there won't be any DSD signal to DAC chip if sound card doesn't support SACD playback?

Last edited:
Has it?!

Didn't Brian say this in his email to all the BIII buyers:
"Buffalo III orders were scheduled to ship this week, but I am going to need to push them out to next week."

I don't think he was saying it has shipped - well obviously. :)

Brian does a wonderful job for being a one man shipping crew. I am sure if there were any way to avoid delay he would.

I know for my part I had some last minute firmware changes that needed to be incorporated. So unless you would rather get firmware that would need to be replaced you should be a little more understanding.

Fear not, they will be out the door very soon. :)

The first round is always the most tricky. But hey - *you* get yours first. If you would like you could volunteer to be put back at the end of the line.:cool:

Seriously we both regret the delay, we are just doing the best we can to get things right. :)

Cheers!
Russ

I didn't get a chance earlier to say thanks for putting your hard work into this guide. I'm very much looking forward to it, and to hearing that my BIII has shipped. :)

I couldn't agree more!

Leon is a huge help in writing the integration guide. He also knows how to ask the right questions! Good show mate.

Instructional writing is not one of the things I do well. :)

In the future we will likely create a wiki page for integration, tips and tricks, etc...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.