• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo III - flexibility without compromise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
how close are we talking?

As long as the input impedance of the next stage is high they are also evenly matched for the balanced output.

Are we talking not needing to re-trim the placid HD BP each time we swap between them?

I am planning on putting them between B3 and Sympaticos and not powering the balsie on either IV, it would be great if they were close enough not to need to pfaff about with the power shunting to swap between IVY3 and Legato3.1.

First off, you wouldn't ever want to just take a single end of the output as you will be defeating one of the features that makes the DAC one of the best.

Second the ES9018 filter is not meant for low frequencies. It simply is not designed for that. It is very well suited for what it's intent is, and that is high freq low pass.

I guess you are about voltage output.. so it's available in BIII for the worst case?
I'm a little been confused of spending more than for the DAC itself only for I/V stage. I meant I/V stage to be made for multichannel output like in reference ES9018 board.
Would you please confirm the register option in BIII of swapping between normal and phase mode of ES9018?
Can I feed a digital out from my sound card directly into BIII inputs assuming that sound card digital out is TTL SPDIF?
Regards.

Last edited:
First off, you wouldn't ever want to just take a single end of the output as you will be defeating one of the features that makes the DAC one of the best.
QUOTE]

Russ, I'm guessing that you are refering to the case where one just tap + and G of the balanced output of stereo BIII? If so, how about the dual mono BIII + dual Legato /IVY case where one just tap + and gound from BAL/SE for single ended load? Do I get higher distortion this way too?

What I am saying is using half a balanced signal is never the best idea. Using a real balanced to single ended conversion will always sound better. That is why the bal/se stages are there on Legato and IVY. :)
O.K. Half a balanced signal is what I meant by taping + and G of the balanced output of stereo BIII. But what about the case of using half a balanced signal from dual mono BIII / dual legato. In this case, full balanced signal from BIII is being use, although it is half balacned from IVY/Legato Bal/SE stage? Would using BAL/SE after the BAL/SE of IVY/Legato for dual mono produce better sound that using half balanced signal from dual mono ? Thanks!

-Up to 8 channels of outputs can be used in current-output or voltage-output mode (depends on output stage used)-
Might I ask if it will be stated in manual how to configure BIII to voltage-output mode with appropriate rms level? What exactly depends on output stage used?
Is there an approximate date when 8ch 32/384 USB transport will be offered to order?
Does S/PDIF Inputs (TTL-level) mean S/PDIF3 or this is not a stereo?
Thanks for reply.
Regards.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.