• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

lock and mute LEDs on Buffalo II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there anything about the specific LEDs supplied with the Buffalo II that is critical for optimal circuit operation, or can I substitute others? I want to mount a small amber LED for mute, and a small green LED for lock on the front panel of my enclosure, so I can tell them apart from across the room.

BTW, what exactly do these two LEDs indicate? "Mute" seems like an understandable term, but what exactly is being muted? Same question for "lock".

Sorry if this seems dim-witted. Mea culpa!

Different color LEDs have a different forward voltage. Not significantly different, though (blue and white having the highest Vf). You may want to adjust the series resistance with your new LED. Otherwise there's no problem at all.
Mind you I'm not familiar with the Buffalo II. Yes, "Mute" should be just that - the output is attenuated ~100dB. "Silenced". "Lock" I assume disables controls so that they cannot be inadvertently changed. Same thing you find on consumer audio portables.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.