• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

ES9102 ADC Module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Russ and Brian,

I have read this in the Retro thread:
ESS has not released the ES9102 yet.

I will be using it as soon as it is actually available. :)

There is no eval board yet to play with.

We have had a module planned for the ES9102 since it was announced. So far all that is available is the product brief. :)

Cheers!
Russ

It didn't seem appropriate to ask there for the progress, so I thought I opened another thread for this module.

Are those ICs already available?
Did you guys make any progress on the modules itself?

Thanks and looking forward to it!

Yup, they are available...

Attachments

• DSCN0988.JPG
    DSCN0988.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 2,565
Russ,
there are a lot of settings one can change in the ADC. Will you provide some jumpers for these? If so, which settings?

Would be cool to have the RIAA option available. Then one could connect a phono cartridge, have a balanced 32bit/384kHz ADC with built-in RIAA decoding network, and get I2S out which is then fed to the Buffalo2,3

Here are some things that would be nice to see implemented:

* the possibility to set the sampling freq to 44k1, 48k, 88k2,96k,176k,352k and 384k via DIP switches or by SW

* sepate digital and analog power supplies (maybe use the AVCC module)

* Both I2S and SPDIF outputs

* Two LEDs that show if clipping occurs for LE adn R channels respectively

* A very good clock

* have the possibility to disable the right or left ch datapaths and ADC

* set the clip detector level threshold

* use mono or stereo mode

* not to use the DC blocking filter as that can be done in the music software one uses

* set the IIR BW

* have some form of hardware protection at the four inputs (diodes+resistors for ex)

* no dithering

* RIAA usage possible

* have some LEDs that show the sampling freq used

* have a simple OPamp-based input sectio for all 4 inputs but it should be possible to skip this section and go directly to the hardware protection circuitry bypassing this analog section

That is about it, but there are a few interesting functionalities that I not really understand:

* it is possible to get the digital signal directly from the ADC overriding all other output settings

* set the DPLL multiplier

* select the 2nd stage ASRC IIR filter BW

/IR

I never refuse input. I have a couple of higher priorities at the moment in any case. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.