• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

ES9102 ADC Module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Jesper,

you're correct. As per the Datasheet (The full datasheet does not give more information :p ) output can be synchronous SPDIF and I2S (master/slave) or asynchronous I2S (slave). DSD is not supported.

I am also looking forward to the release of the Twisted Pear ADC module. Started to develop my own but then I realized that Russ is already working on it. I probably would not be able to get a comparable result ;)

Best regards, Daniel

I m really interested in this and have subscribed to the thread.

My one item for the wish list would be TOSLINK and SPDIF outputs. The TOSLINK would actually be my preference if it was one or the other. The reason for this is to allow people to record to the computer. I think most computers have the option of optical input these days. This would allow people to use it for digitizing their vinyl. My computer has a combo port so I have both but I believe optical is more common.

Generic computer toslink inputs has huge jitter and are very poor especially at high rates. Your vinyl recordings will has boring plastic taste after all. You'll need accurate good ADC card with digital inputs anyway.

To the Pear: any news on the development of the module, any forecasts?

Thanks

Why would jitter matter on the input side of the soundcard? If you do a digital-to-digital conversion (as the signal is already digitalised by the ADC), the only thing that matters are that the correct bits are recorded to the harddisk. But jitter does not alter bits. Jitter only matters in ADC and DAC applications.

Ah, sorry, I was wrong, ADC module itself is the master. However, optical receiver is a sort of ADC covertors. It transfer optical signal to a digital sort. Computers usually has cheap receivers that reads the signal not as accurate as you need. Same for electrical spdif. Anyway, try both (internal card and external ADC card) and you'll see.

Ah, sorry, I was wrong, ADC module itself is the master. However, optical receiver is a sort of ADC covertors. It transfer optical signal to a digital sort. Computers usually has cheap receivers that reads the signal not as accurate as you need. Same for electrical spdif. Anyway, try both (internal card and external ADC card) and you'll see.

My Auzentech Prelude has a great quality SPDIF output that makes my music server sing through my Buffalo DAC. I believe the SPDIF input would be of equally high quality. I am sure the ADC module from TPA would make an excellent addition to my existing setup.

Someone said that most computers have TOSLINK inputs. I think you'll find that many motherboards have S/PDIF and/or TOSLINK -OUTPUTS- but not that many have corresponding inputs. Generally if you want digital input, you need an appropriately equipped sound card.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.