• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

ES9102 ADC Module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ADC Integration

Hello,

I draw a schematic of my system. And I would like to know what you think about it.

First of all, I want to design a full digital system. No problem for CD player , laptop and Squeezebox, all of them connected with S/PDIF.

But I have a problem with my turntable. It is a long distance from the rest of my system and it's an analog player !

I think the ES9102 ADC + Teleporter will be a good option to :

- digitalize the analog signal with full range (24/96 or greater) with RIAA filter
- carry the digitalized signal over a long distance (10m).
- playing the LP directly without ripping anything.

I'm not sure it is possible to connect direcly the ADC and DAC without a buffering stage.

What do you think of these points?

Thanks !

Attachments

• Full System With ADC.jpg
    Full System With ADC.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 841
I actually have a layout for the old version, so as soon as I get the new datasheet I should be able to get it finished quickly.
Excellent, I'll keep an eye on this thread for announcement.

However, are you able to post the analogue input stage for the previous one in the meantime? I'm curious how you intend to implement that and whether it will work in a typical domestic system. Most pro units are 600R Zin and 10k SE/bal would mean not having to add anything else between.

Hi,
This is great news from Brian!! :D I'm sure we are all eagerly awaiting the fruits of their labor. ;)

I had a couple of comments on Alpagas' block diagram. It looks like exactly how most people will set up their system, with the teleporters connecting the ADC and the DAC.

The connection to the laptop seems to assume there will be a USB output within the ADC module. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to wire a USB port to the ADC board, but then there is the matter of writing a Windows/Mac device driver to receive the data from the ADC. That sounds like a pretty tall order!

For the connection from the laptop to the DAC, I suppose you could use the exaDevices exaU2I USB to I2C interface. ExaDevices recommends using Virtual Audio Cable on the computer with this, which I guess could work as long as the teleporter on the DAC's end can communicate with the output of the interface.

Any thoughts on this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.