• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

ES9102 ADC Module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

Just another hopeful request for the TPA ADC module with RIAA! It would be amazing to digitise the output immediately after the turntable (to minimise hum, interference and transmission losses) for input into a DAC with digital volume attenuation for real-time playback.

I know people will just ask why I don't digitise my vinyl with current ADCs for convenience... But I still want to play my records and also hear the changes with changes in my phono playback system. I think this would be the best modern solution to age old vinyl playback problems. The fidelity would probably also be even better than with traditional phono preamps and step-up transformers.

Anyway... I know you guys are super busy, but this is just a reminder that people are still watching this space! :)

Thanks!
Taz.

I know people will just ask why I don't digitise my vinyl with current ADCs for convenience... But I still want to play my records and also hear the changes with changes in my phono playback system.

Actually, people would ask, why you don't listen to your vinyl without digitizing. DACs just don't sound analog, not even the ladder PCM1704K with the digital source slaved to the DAC's clock.

Also, step-up transformers come before the RIAA equalization step and no active amplifier can beat the sound quality of a good and properly matched pair of step-up transformers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.