Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Old 27th July 2012, 08:34 AM   #41
alpagas is offline alpagas  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Great !!! It sounds good !
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:02 AM   #42
diyAudio Member

Hey again,

I've been looking a bit more on the ES9102 and I can't see anywhere that it supports DSD/SACD outputs. Is this so or have I overlooked something?

Best regards,

Jesper
Old 6th September 2012, 01:19 PM   #43
diyAudio Member

Hi Jesper,

you're correct. As per the Datasheet (The full datasheet does not give more information ) output can be synchronous SPDIF and I2S (master/slave) or asynchronous I2S (slave). DSD is not supported.

I am also looking forward to the release of the Twisted Pear ADC module. Started to develop my own but then I realized that Russ is already working on it. I probably would not be able to get a comparable result

Best regards, Daniel
Old 14th September 2012, 04:52 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

I m really interested in this and have subscribed to the thread.

My one item for the wish list would be TOSLINK and SPDIF outputs. The TOSLINK would actually be my preference if it was one or the other. The reason for this is to allow people to record to the computer. I think most computers have the option of optical input these days. This would allow people to use it for digitizing their vinyl. My computer has a combo port so I have both but I believe optical is more common.
Old 14th September 2012, 05:53 PM   #45
diyAudio Member

Generic computer toslink inputs has huge jitter and are very poor especially at high rates. Your vinyl recordings will has boring plastic taste after all. You'll need accurate good ADC card with digital inputs anyway.

To the Pear: any news on the development of the module, any forecasts?

Thanks
Old 14th September 2012, 06:03 PM   #46
lauret is offline lauret  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Why would jitter matter on the input side of the soundcard? If you do a digital-to-digital conversion (as the signal is already digitalised by the ADC), the only thing that matters are that the correct bits are recorded to the harddisk. But jitter does not alter bits. Jitter only matters in ADC and DAC applications.
Old 14th September 2012, 06:09 PM   #47
diyAudio Member

Ah, sorry, I was wrong, ADC module itself is the master. However, optical receiver is a sort of ADC covertors. It transfer optical signal to a digital sort. Computers usually has cheap receivers that reads the signal not as accurate as you need. Same for electrical spdif. Anyway, try both (internal card and external ADC card) and you'll see.
Old 14th September 2012, 06:19 PM   #48
diyAudio Member

Having both active at the same would have an additional benefit. I could use the SPDIF to my Buffalo II setup while also transferring the audio to the computer. That would be brilliant IMHO.
Old 14th September 2012, 06:24 PM   #49
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalbesson View Post
Ah, sorry, I was wrong, ADC module itself is the master. However, optical receiver is a sort of ADC covertors. It transfer optical signal to a digital sort. Computers usually has cheap receivers that reads the signal not as accurate as you need. Same for electrical spdif. Anyway, try both (internal card and external ADC card) and you'll see.
My Auzentech Prelude has a great quality SPDIF output that makes my music server sing through my Buffalo DAC. I believe the SPDIF input would be of equally high quality. I am sure the ADC module from TPA would make an excellent addition to my existing setup.
Old 14th September 2012, 06:32 PM   #50
diyAudio Member

I see now, it is not internal kind of built-in laptop card, OK then.

Hide this!Advertise here!