• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Ventus EZ

Half way between Ventus and Ballsie, the Ventus EZ.

• The same high-current output section as the Ventus
  • The same opamp-based balanced-to-single-ended converter as the Ballsie
  • Adjustable gain and configurable compensation
  • Happy with capacitive loads
  • Coming soon (very soon)

Attachments

• DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 1,195
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 1,165
Interesting and apt description Brian. :)

I design Ventus EZ as a slightly simpler to build version of Ventus. It has all of the features of Ventus (even the key reference designators are the same) and can be used any place you would use either ballsie lite or Ventus. The only difference between it and Ventus is that it uses an opamp for the amplifier circuit instead of a discrete circuit. The main benefit is you will get is better DC and AC characteristics. No offset to adjust, and better DNR/THD because of the much shorter feedback loop. I know that numbers don't tell the whole tale, it's just a fact.

I designed this as an easy drop in for people wanting to add headphone outputs to existing projects.

Nice pics Brian!

Cheers!
Russ

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Nice looking!
Is the board size that of the Ventus or the Ballsie?
It looks "shorter" than the Ventus so I assume it cannot be stacked with Legato/IVY. I was thinking it might be perfect for getting SE output with a dual-mono Buffalo/Legato 3.1 combo.
Cheers,
Nic