Ventus EZ - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2012, 09:25 PM   #41
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Surrey, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDonegan View Post
Yes. I assume he is using it after a dual-mono Buffalo, with two IVY-IIIs.
Sorry, yes I should've made that clear.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 08:45 PM   #42
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
So I just had 4 basic, simple questions:
1) Do I need 2 boards if i'm using RCA Single-Ended input?
2) If I do, where should the signal (+) and the ground from the RCA jack be wired to on the Ventus, I think it should be + to +, and ground to GND. And then I just connect the Ventus - to GND aswell.
3) If that is correct, then I just use GND to ground and Out to + for the output on the phono plug?
4) Dumb question but, I bought the LBPS or w/e its called, but I don't actually see a plug in the pictures. How does it actually recieve the power from the wall? lol

Thanks for your help!
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 11:26 PM   #43
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Surrey, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgfx View Post
So I just had 4 basic, simple questions:
1) Do I need 2 boards if i'm using RCA Single-Ended input?
2) If I do, where should the signal (+) and the ground from the RCA jack be wired to on the Ventus, I think it should be + to +, and ground to GND. And then I just connect the Ventus - to GND aswell.
3) If that is correct, then I just use GND to ground and Out to + for the output on the phono plug?
4) Dumb question but, I bought the LBPS or w/e its called, but I don't actually see a plug in the pictures. How does it actually recieve the power from the wall? lol

Thanks for your help!
1) Yes - one per channel
2) Inside of RCA to In+ and outside to GND. I believe In - also needs to be connected to GND
3) GND on both goes to the sleeve part of phono, right Ventus Out to the ring, left Ventus Out to the tip.
4) You need a transformer. I suggest reading from p.68 of Leon Van Bommel's excellent guide here:
http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/docs...ide_V2.0.0.pdf

I'm no expert either, but I think the above is correct.

Have fun and be careful with mains voltages.

Last edited by Duffy Moon; 25th March 2013 at 11:29 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 11:33 PM   #44
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy Moon View Post
1) Yes - one per channel
2) Inside of RCA to In+ and outside to GND. I believe In - also needs to be connected to GND
3) GND on both goes to the sleeve part of phono, right Ventus Out to the ring, left Ventus Out to the tip.
4) You need a transformer. I suggest reading from p.68 of Leon Van Bommel's excellent guide here:
http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/docs...ide_V2.0.0.pdf

I'm no expert either, but I think the above is correct.

Have fun and be careful with mains voltages.
Awesome thanks! Thats all I needed for the wiring, the only other thing I need to know about the board really is do all the parts in the kit work for the Non-Inverting config? Or do I need to order different resistors?

And that Article doesn't have anything bout the power, atleast I didn't see any :'(
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 02:27 PM   #45
diyAudio Member
 
BrianDonegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: TPA HQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgfx View Post
Awesome thanks! Thats all I needed for the wiring, the only other thing I need to know about the board really is do all the parts in the kit work for the Non-Inverting config? Or do I need to order different resistors?

And that Article doesn't have anything bout the power, atleast I didn't see any :'(
The kit should have everything you need.

You need a 15V+15V (dual secondary) transformer to convert mains voltages to something the power supply board can use.
__________________
Twisted Pear Audio
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 02:37 PM   #46
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDonegan View Post
The kit should have everything you need.

You need a 15V+15V (dual secondary) transformer to convert mains voltages to something the power supply board can use.
Im sorry im such a noob, but i dont entirely know how to set that up at all, i generally know what a transformer is, but i have no idea how to up the power supply. So lets say i build the LCBS, the 2 Ventus EZ boards, and i buy the transformer, how do i connect it all together lol. Im so sorry i just dont really understand, this is my first project and i might have been a little to ambitious in attempting this but i really believe with all your help i can do it
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 04:41 PM   #47
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Surrey, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgfx View Post
And that Article doesn't have anything bout the power, atleast I didn't see any :'(
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgfx View Post
i have no idea how to up the power supply
It's all in that guide. Page 68 onwards, under the helpfully-titled heading "Powering It All"
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 05:06 PM   #48
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy Moon View Post
It's all in that guide. Page 68 onwards, under the helpfully-titled heading "Powering It All"
Lol I honestly didn't see that, thanks. I think I love u, not sure yet ou, well see once I'm done so I see how it's all wired up (entirely now, I understand dw here all the wires go and stuff)

I just don't see a physical wall wart. I understand how it's wired, I just don't see it in any pics of the parts, do I just need to buy the port and the wall wart separate?
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 05:36 PM   #49
diyAudio Member
 
BrianDonegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: TPA HQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgfx View Post
I just don't see a physical wall wart. I understand how it's wired, I just don't see it in any pics of the parts, do I just need to buy the port and the wall wart separate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by briandonegan
You need a 15V+15V (dual secondary) transformer to convert mains voltages to something the power supply board can use.
__________________
Twisted Pear Audio
  Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 05:45 PM   #50
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
I ordered one and I c blue and violet to neutral and grey and Brown to hot of the wall wart, but I just want to know does the plug to connect those too Come with the transformer. I understand they need to be soldered to the port in the stated manor I just still don't see the physical plug
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introducing Ventus Russ White Twisted Pear 97 15th May 2013 08:28 AM
ez phase plug noodle Full Range 3 14th August 2009 04:42 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:20 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2