• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Ventus EZ

So I just had 4 basic, simple questions:
1) Do I need 2 boards if i'm using RCA Single-Ended input?
2) If I do, where should the signal (+) and the ground from the RCA jack be wired to on the Ventus, I think it should be + to +, and ground to GND. And then I just connect the Ventus - to GND aswell.
3) If that is correct, then I just use GND to ground and Out to + for the output on the phono plug?
4) Dumb question but, I bought the LBPS or w/e its called, but I don't actually see a plug in the pictures. How does it actually recieve the power from the wall? lol

Thanks for your help!

So I just had 4 basic, simple questions:
1) Do I need 2 boards if i'm using RCA Single-Ended input?
2) If I do, where should the signal (+) and the ground from the RCA jack be wired to on the Ventus, I think it should be + to +, and ground to GND. And then I just connect the Ventus - to GND aswell.
3) If that is correct, then I just use GND to ground and Out to + for the output on the phono plug?
4) Dumb question but, I bought the LBPS or w/e its called, but I don't actually see a plug in the pictures. How does it actually recieve the power from the wall? lol

Thanks for your help!

1) Yes - one per channel
2) Inside of RCA to In+ and outside to GND. I believe In - also needs to be connected to GND
3) GND on both goes to the sleeve part of phono, right Ventus Out to the ring, left Ventus Out to the tip.
4) You need a transformer. I suggest reading from p.68 of Leon Van Bommel's excellent guide here:
http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/doc...-Buffalo_III_DAC_Integration_Guide_V2.0.0.pdf

I'm no expert either, but I think the above is correct.

Have fun and be careful with mains voltages.

Last edited:
1) Yes - one per channel
2) Inside of RCA to In+ and outside to GND. I believe In - also needs to be connected to GND
3) GND on both goes to the sleeve part of phono, right Ventus Out to the ring, left Ventus Out to the tip.
4) You need a transformer. I suggest reading from p.68 of Leon Van Bommel's excellent guide here:
http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/doc...-Buffalo_III_DAC_Integration_Guide_V2.0.0.pdf

I'm no expert either, but I think the above is correct.

Have fun and be careful with mains voltages.

Awesome thanks! Thats all I needed for the wiring, the only other thing I need to know about the board really is do all the parts in the kit work for the Non-Inverting config? Or do I need to order different resistors?

And that Article doesn't have anything bout the power, atleast I didn't see any :'(

Awesome thanks! Thats all I needed for the wiring, the only other thing I need to know about the board really is do all the parts in the kit work for the Non-Inverting config? Or do I need to order different resistors?

And that Article doesn't have anything bout the power, atleast I didn't see any :'(

The kit should have everything you need.

You need a 15V+15V (dual secondary) transformer to convert mains voltages to something the power supply board can use.

The kit should have everything you need.

You need a 15V+15V (dual secondary) transformer to convert mains voltages to something the power supply board can use.

Im sorry im such a noob, but i dont entirely know how to set that up at all, i generally know what a transformer is, but i have no idea how to up the power supply. So lets say i build the LCBS, the 2 Ventus EZ boards, and i buy the transformer, how do i connect it all together lol. Im so sorry i just dont really understand, this is my first project and i might have been a little to ambitious in attempting this but i really believe with all your help i can do it :)

It's all in that guide. Page 68 onwards, under the helpfully-titled heading "Powering It All"

Lol I honestly didn't see that, thanks. I think I love u, not sure yet ou, well see once I'm done :) so I see how it's all wired up (entirely now, I understand dw here all the wires go and stuff)

I just don't see a physical wall wart. I understand how it's wired, I just don't see it in any pics of the parts, do I just need to buy the port and the wall wart separate?

I ordered one and I c blue and violet to neutral and grey and Brown to hot of the wall wart, but I just want to know does the plug to connect those too Come with the transformer. I understand they need to be soldered to the port in the stated manor I just still don't see the physical plug

I ordered one and I c blue and violet to neutral and grey and Brown to hot of the wall wart, but I just want to know does the plug to connect those too Come with the transformer. I understand they need to be soldered to the port in the stated manor I just still don't see the physical plug

There is no wall wart involved in the project.

You are in the US, so mains voltage is 115-120VAC. You want to use the first wiring diagram in the transformer datasheet. Connect Blue and Violet to mains Neutral, and Grey/Brown to mains Line. You need to have a fuse installed on the mains side, so put that inline on the Line side (Mains -> fuse -> Grey/Brown).

Please, be very careful, as the mains voltages are lethal. If you do not know what you are doing, I would advise find someone who does to help you with this part of the project.

Last edited:
I just still don't see the physical plug

As you've probably gathered, a wall-wart is basically a transformer and plug combined. You're replicating what it does (except in a much higher quality) with the transformer (from high AC voltage to low AC voltage) and Placid (low AC voltage to tightly-regulated DC voltage).

So mains plug -> wires -> IEC connector -> fused inlet -> transformer (wired as per Brian's instructions above).

Best to try not to leave any mains wires/connections exposed. Use insulating tape where needed.

As you've probably gathered, a wall-wart is basically a transformer and plug combined. You're replicating what it does (except in a much higher quality) with the transformer (from high AC voltage to low AC voltage) and Placid (low AC voltage to tightly-regulated DC voltage).

So mains plug -> wires -> IEC connector -> fused inlet -> transformer (wired as per Brian's instructions above).

Best to try not to leave any mains wires/connections exposed. Use insulating tape where needed.

Ahhh I see now, so I just cut an older chord, like an extension chord. Then I solder to the prongs accordingly. And I put an on/off switch between the chords hot line and the transformers 2 wires, and I can put an LED between the switch and the transformer to show when its on.

Hey so I started working on the amp. So I soldered all the components onto the board. This is stupid question but, now I use the schematic to wire all the parts together right?

I ask this only because, I have no clue how to solder to the tiny *** OPAmp in the middle, so it got me thinking, maybe the traces are in the board or something.

so I was thinking, If I connect FROM a balanced amp, the - to -, + to +, and gnd to gnd, then the output will be balanced correct? Like, the signals autmatically cancel out (bad wording ik), or will that not work?
So for what I was planning on doing, I was just going to use the IN+ and GND for input. But, if I also use IN-, will that signal be inverted, and then the output will then be balanced. So I can then connect the left output to 1 pin, left GND to 1 pin, right output to 1 pin, and right GND to the 4th, for a balanced output?