• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Optical Add-on?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Open question for the TwistedPear crew.
Have you considered an optical add-on module for the S/PDIF 4:1 MUX/Reciever module?
Something with Toslink/optical inputs and outputs?
Maybe a way of going from Toslink to regular S/PDIF and S/PDIF to Toslink?

I think this kind of product would compliment the rest of your line of products. :)

Sure, I could solve it myself.
I started the thred to see if they had thought about it. Hopefully I'm not the only one who think it would be a handy little addon.
I'll have my own problem solved long before any product could possibly be made available.

Thanks for the links though. :)

Was wondering about the ability to interface this toslink module to a Behringer DCX2496. The input is transformer coupled to a 110 ohm termination resistor then to the input of the CS8420. It is rated for SPDIF input, though with the 110 ohm resistor is really designed for AES.

I noticed the TP module is not equipped with any source resistor. In my application I will be interfacing the module to the factory ribbon cable wires, so distances involved are measured in inches. I can use the DCX power supply to provide 15V power to the module, if the on board 3.3V regulator wouldn't get too hot.

I'm thinking this should work just fine. What do you think ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.