• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Legato 3 - Look ma! No caps!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Patience gwashoppa

Is anybody else making the daily trip to the TP site to see if there are Legato 3's available? It has been quite a long time, I believe my health and well being are being affected. Mental disorder, LLAS. Lack of Legato Acquisition syndrome.

Same symptoms for Trident 3.3V for another project.

This could become serious.

The non-buffered version simply does not come with the buffers. The BAL/SE output in that case can come straight out of the BAL/SE converter. The circuit has jumpers you install when not using the buffers that close the feedback loop. I am working on the manual right now. It will be clarified in there.

You could add buffers later if you like, but I would actually recommend always using them from the start unless you have some good reason not to.

Is there /will there be/ a schematic of the buffered and non buffered Legato 3.1?

/S

The non-buffered version simply does not come with the buffers. The BAL/SE output in that case can come straight out of the BAL/SE converter. The circuit has jumpers you install when not using the buffers that close the feedback loop. I am working on the manual right now. It will be clarified in there.

You could add buffers later if you like, but I would actually recommend always using them from the start unless you have some good reason not to.

I just ordered... Now all I need is the new placid bp HD and a transformer.

Thanks Russ and Brian for putting all of this stuff together. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like. I have a buffalo 24 module v 1.2 that's been sitting around for two years that I had all but forgotten.

Now, if I could just finish assembling my transport I'll be all set

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.