Trident - Three-leg Shunt Regulator - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 05:18 PM   #11
LeonvB is offline LeonvB  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
so I only have to solder the Trident regs in BII board, or I have I to change something?
Yes, you should definately change something on the BII board. Remove the beads L6 to L8 from the underside of the board.
I've just created an alternative manual for inclusion of the Trident, Volumite & other small things collected here and on the TPA forum. Brian and Russ are obviously way to busy creating the better things for us to use.
So I hope they don't mind...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Alternative manual for Buffalo II 1.0.zip (491.0 KB, 547 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2011, 05:50 PM   #12
diyAudio Member
 
merlin el mago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Catalonia - Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonvB View Post
Yes, you should definately change something on the BII board. Remove the beads L6 to L8 from the underside of the board.
I've just created an alternative manual for inclusion of the Trident, Volumite & other small things collected here and on the TPA forum. Brian and Russ are obviously way to busy creating the better things for us to use.
So I hope they don't mind...
Super

Thank you very much

Felipe
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2011, 07:31 PM   #13
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
LeonB,
That is much appreciated. For me it is indeed a 'godsend'.
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2011, 07:57 PM   #14
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonvB View Post
I've just created an alternative manual for inclusion of the Trident, Volumite & other small things collected here and on the TPA forum.
Leon, if you make the same thing for the Legato 2 you will be a STAR!
Thank you very much!
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2011, 08:41 PM   #15
needsp is offline needsp  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Hi IngemarR

I measured the following

DVCC draws 56 mA
VDD_XO draws 14 mA

I haven't measured VDD's current draw directly, only indirectly by subtraction of all other currents from the total- this puts it at about 30 mA

Hope this helps

Paul
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2011, 09:37 PM   #16
LeonvB is offline LeonvB  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Leon, if you make the same thing for the Legato 2 you will be a STAR!
I haven't looked at the Legato yet, but since this is simply an I/V module I take it most questions related to it would be about the PSU inputs & adjustment. That's one of the things Russ has documented quite nicely in V1.0.2. Or am I missing something?
  Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2011, 06:11 AM   #17
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonvB View Post
I haven't looked at the Legato yet, but since this is simply an I/V module I take it most questions related to it would be about the PSU inputs & adjustment. That's one of the things Russ has documented quite nicely in V1.0.2. Or am I missing something?
You are missing the changes between v.1 and v.2
But Brian promised v.2 manual will be out soon....
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 10:30 AM   #18
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
OK. Thx for the information!


/IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDonegan View Post
I chose resistors values to give 50-60mA of current headroom for each position. I don't have the total current numbers with me at the moment.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 10:32 AM   #19
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Much apprciated info. Thx!


/IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by needsp View Post
Hi IngemarR

I measured the following

DVCC draws 56 mA
VDD_XO draws 14 mA

I haven't measured VDD's current draw directly, only indirectly by subtraction of all other currents from the total- this puts it at about 30 mA

Hope this helps

Paul
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 11:53 PM   #20
alazira is offline alazira  United States
diyAudio Member
 
alazira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Blog Entries: 1
Good job LevonB!
I wish I had seen this first. It would have saved a lot of searching/reading. Clear and concisely written.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Series-Shunt Regulator I need dia thien thai Tubes / Valves 3 23rd December 2008 01:10 AM
Shunt regulator question jayme Tubes / Valves 7 31st May 2007 01:20 PM
How about shunt regulatorH uhcmos Solid State 4 2nd March 2007 09:32 AM
Shunt regulator tubee Tubes / Valves 12 2nd March 2006 01:08 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:59 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2