• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Trident - Three-leg Shunt Regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Russ,
any news on the manual for the Trident - Three-leg Shunt Regulator?

I am also a bit concerned about how to make the three Tridents fit on the B2 when one uses the green screw connectors for all connections. Anyone have succeded in doing this and ahve a poto?

/IR

Russ,
any news on the manual for the Trident - Three-leg Shunt Regulator?

I am also a bit concerned about how to make the three Tridents fit on the B2 when one uses the green screw connectors for all connections. Anyone have succeded in doing this and ahve a poto?

/IR

not a problem. thought they are designed to fit in the first place?

P1020560.jpg

My brief experiencing of hifi juice

Finally I had installed these hot looking Trident trio in My BII.

Most noticeable implovement is well controlled and naturally extended bass.

each instrument's attack,decay,echo are now better defined in details.
I think this adds - sometimes slightly more, sometimes much more - emotion and groove into the music.

Drums, Basses are really shines with BII + Trident combo, IMHO.:up:

Now my BII can't live without these tiny gems.
Thanks Brian and Russ!:cheers:

The resistor in the Trident kit sets the main CCS current in the Trident super shunt regulator as far as I understand.

What curent value is set by the supplied resistors?

Also interesting to know woud be the current draw for the three consumer circuits on the Buffalo2. Does anyone have these currents?

The resistor in the Trident kit sets the main CCS current in the Trident super shunt regulator as far as I understand.

What curent value is set by the supplied resistors?

Also interesting to know woud be the current draw for the three consumer circuits on the Buffalo2. Does anyone have these currents?

I chose resistors values to give 50-60mA of current headroom for each position. I don't have the total current numbers with me at the moment.

so I only have to solder the Trident regs in BII board, or I have I to change something?
Yes, you should definately change something on the BII board. Remove the beads L6 to L8 from the underside of the board.
I've just created an alternative manual for inclusion of the Trident, Volumite & other small things collected here and on the TPA forum. Brian and Russ are obviously way to busy creating the better things for us to use. :)
So I hope they don't mind...

Attachments

• Alternative manual for Buffalo II 1.0.zip
    491 KB · Views: 651
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Yes, you should definately change something on the BII board. Remove the beads L6 to L8 from the underside of the board.
I've just created an alternative manual for inclusion of the Trident, Volumite & other small things collected here and on the TPA forum. Brian and Russ are obviously way to busy creating the better things for us to use. :)
So I hope they don't mind...

Super:)

Thank you very much

Felipe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.