• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Legato power and jumpers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Maybe silly question... I have searched for answer but found none

In manual for Legato says: "The Legato has three power terminals, and can be configured to use one, two or three power supplies by
installing or omitting jumpers J1-J4"
Is there a way to power Legato with two power supplies and still use bal/se part?

You could power both balances channels with one supply and the Bal->se with the other supply, or power the bal->se from one of the two channels.

Using the jumpers is fairly straight forward, just follow the traces.

Ok, thanks for the answer Brian. I don't want to stress small Talema toroids to much. They are rated 500mA max. but they got quite warm with my current setup using two placid BP-s for powering Legato 1 with buffer but no jumpers meaning bal/se is left un-powered.
What would be better the compromise in this case? Also if I decide to go for powering the bal->se from one of the two channels, what would be approx. consumption for bal/se part alone and what for one full Legato channel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.