• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

IVY plus 2.1 active differential filter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am not sure if this has been asked before, but I would be very interested in a 2.1 filter board to connect to IVY III. An active LR4 filter at 80Hz would be ideal. I have amps with XLR balanced inputs. A volumite on the buffalo for volume control, and a 2.1 output from a filter board, would eliminate the requirement for a preamplifier. Has this been considered?

I am curious about the Volumite though when used with the Sabre DAC. Is the digital volume done in 32 bits format regardless of the input bit format? Has anyone seen the Sabre datasheet that could answer this question?

Thanks in advance.

D. Clickless, Very High Resolution Volume control
The firmware presents a 0.5dB volume control register to the
user allowing setting of volume to 0.5dB accuracy. However,
internally the volume control operates to less than 1/64 of a dB
and smoothly moves from one requested volume to the next.
This results in a perfectly click-less volume step.

48 bit math

Thanks Brian. I had skimmed that paper before, but had missed or forgotten that section.

Hmm, no comment regarding the 2.1 output... Has this been considered? I could make a filter board myself I suppose, but if I were to use the OPA1632 I would have to get some adapter boards to use the SOIC chip.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.