• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffallo Dual Mono 1 Legato

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is the Volumite really needed to do this? If I read the integration guide correctly, then connecting the outputs opposite phase on one board and opposite phase on the other board as well should work (as long as each board has it's dip switches set for the appropriate left or right channel, and set for dual mono operation).
Instead of a single Lagato, I will be using a 1:1 transformer for my balanced to S.E. conversion, then into a tube output stage.

JD

Hi
This is dual mono configuration .... each DAC work for one chanell, but instead using 2 x IVY or 2 x Legato, I'm using 1 Legato and this requires of cause summing up each DAC Right and Left currents/outputs into one Legato Chanell.
Using TP duall mono Volumite firmware L and R DAC chanels are oposite phases so all You need to do is just connect Buffalo L and R outputs but in oposite phases ie : L"+" with R"-" and L"-" with R "+". And this goes into one Legato chanell.

This is the way to get 3dB extra DNR from gooing duall mono...and reach 135dB DNR ..or something close to that ..:cool:..

And for better chanell separation of cause separate Power Suplly for L and R Legato chanells would be welcome..

Best Regards
Rosendorfer

Last edited:
Hi Russ

(I posted this a little while ago, but I think it went unnoticed :) )

I'm thinking of trying out a dual mono implementation of Buffalo II, with a single Legato I/V stage.

Am I right to think that a single VACC regulator per channel- one for each Buffalo board- would be preferable to the two per board used in the standard stereo implementation? I.e. a single reg for all eight now paralleled DACs? Otherwise, unless I've got this wrong, you end up with two paralleled regs feeding the DACs?

If a single reg is appropriate, how much current does it need to provide? should I connect it to just one est of pcb pads, or posiion it more centrally, and feed both sets of pads?

Thanks

Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.