TPA - USB Transport - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2010, 11:59 AM   #1
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lima
Default TPA - USB Transport

Hi Russ/Brian,

Just a few quick questions, if I may.

What are the expected dimensions of the module?

What power supply requirements will it have?

Will it utilise the new faster optocouplers allowing 24/192 with galvanic isolation?

Cheers,
Phil
__________________
Buffalo II/Denon AH-D2000
 
Old 25th October 2010, 02:11 AM   #2
sureshm is offline sureshm  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Hey Russ, just wondering how you going with XMOS module?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White View Post
I am working on it right now.

I am implementing an XMOS based solution. Stay tuned.

I am guessing first prototypes are 6-8 weeks off. Just depends on other time demands.

Cheers!
Russ
 
Old 25th October 2010, 12:27 PM   #3
diyAudio Member
 
Russ White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshm View Post
Hey Russ, just wondering how you going with XMOS module?
Funny you should ask. very well actually.

Yesterday I was hacking up a prototype based on some stuff XMOS sent me to play with. I am able to get it working, but It still needs some attention.

I am going to be focusing on that module very hard over the next few weeks.

Cheers!
Russ
__________________
Less pulp more juice Twisted Pear Audio.
 
Old 25th October 2010, 12:33 PM   #4
diyAudio Member
 
regiregi22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Great news then
__________________
diyAudio, doing it as big as you can, JUST BECAUSE WE CAN!
 
Old 25th October 2010, 08:31 PM   #5
sureshm is offline sureshm  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
That is great Russ! Eagerly waiting to try it out

Keep us updated ...
 
Old 25th October 2010, 08:41 PM   #6
diyAudio Member
 
steve jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vancouver USA
Beta Tester here!
 
Old 25th October 2010, 08:42 PM   #7
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Cheltenham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White View Post
Funny you should ask. very well actually.

Yesterday I was hacking up a prototype based on some stuff XMOS sent me to play with. I am able to get it working, but It still needs some attention.

I am going to be focusing on that module very hard over the next few weeks.

Cheers!
Russ
You writing your own drivers? I looked at that while ago with the XMOS, but figured it would swallow a big chunk of my life, so bought a Hiface instead!
 
Old 26th October 2010, 10:46 AM   #8
diyAudio Member
 
Russ White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
You writing your own drivers? I looked at that while ago with the XMOS, but figured it would swallow a big chunk of my life, so bought a Hiface instead!
No, not writing my own. Using the stock drivers on my macbook pro right now.

I have also used the driver XMOS provides for windows. Both work just fine.

To get higher than 192khz via USB audio I will likely need to do some customization of the driver.

For now I have played signals up to 384khz directly from USB storage. But, I have not perfected this yet.

My hope is to be able to make the board work both as a host controller with USB storage and as a USB audio device. We shall see...
__________________
Less pulp more juice Twisted Pear Audio.
 
Old 26th October 2010, 11:37 AM   #9
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White View Post
No, not writing my own. Using the stock drivers on my macbook pro right now.

I have also used the driver XMOS provides for windows. Both work just fine.

To get higher than 192khz via USB audio I will likely need to do some customization of the driver.

For now I have played signals up to 384khz directly from USB storage. But, I have not perfected this yet.

My hope is to be able to make the board work both as a host controller with USB storage and as a USB audio device. We shall see...

I guess the USB/SPDIF(I2S?) board might be even a bigger success than the Buffalo II, so you'd better be prepared for that, I hope I won't need to stay awake all night again.

Please Russ, show it the kids...
 
Old 27th October 2010, 02:56 PM   #10
labjr is offline labjr  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola Krivorov View Post
I guess the USB/SPDIF(I2S?) board might be even a bigger success than the Buffalo II, so you'd better be prepared for that, I hope I won't need to stay awake all night again.

Please Russ, show it the kids...
Who said anything about S/PDIF? I thought the module was for the Buffalo DAC.
 

Closed Thread


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TPA metronome and Ivy modules woodturner-fran Swap Meet 7 29th January 2010 09:11 PM
TPA COD parts nikongod Swap Meet 6 8th January 2010 04:07 PM
A SD/USB/Ethernet transport jkeny Digital Line Level 8 25th September 2009 12:20 PM
Tpa 3122 help kkchunghk Class D 2 28th August 2009 08:44 AM
Maybe have a CD transport source USB to drive a USB DAC? wa2ise Digital Source 0 6th February 2007 12:22 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:02 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2