• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TPA - USB Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a look at those. The hole is larger than neutric but very solid and well isolated. Connection can be with molex type connector, not usb jack, PX0843/B Bulgin | Mouser
Regards

I've used those they are excellent.

USBback.jpg

Take a look at those. The hole is larger than neutric but very solid and well isolated.

Bulgins look great. They are not a standard (D-series) size though, so it might be difficult to swap it with a different connector at a later date.

The Neutrik ones are A/B reversible, have optional screen-to-chassis grounding and are dust/water resistant to IP65 when used with Neutrik cables.

I'm not paid by Neutrik in case anyone wondered. :D

And writing, and debugging all that code is just child's play which consumes no time at all?

Well, I guess that would depend on how many times it has to be done. There's plenty of powerful interface chipsets available now. And sample rates are getting to the point of diminishing returns. Maybe they could do it once and we wouldn't be stuck in this perpetual upgrade cycle.

Well, I guess that would depend on how many times it has to be done. There's plenty of powerful interface chipsets available now. And sample rates are getting to the point of diminishing returns. Maybe they could do it once and we wouldn't be stuck in this perpetual upgrade cycle.

Yes but if they were going to do it like this the first time round the module would be 8-10 channels out 2 channels in, sample rates up to around 400kHz, 32 bit, with support for every format under the sun. This would end up delaying the project even further, in a world where the majority of users simply want 2 channel out PCM play back up to 192kHz.

Where can you even get files like that? Evert time i look for hi res files i'm very disapointed by what is available. It's usually stuff from musicians without a distribution network elsewhere. Or companies set upwith the express purpose of supplying hi res stuff but the get bigger and start supplying lower res stuff so they can appeal to the mass market.

I've been impressed with HDTracks (https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php). Not everything they sell is HD, but they are limited by what the record companies release. Some of their offerings are simply rips from previously released DVD-A albums. But many are fresh, new releases straight from the studios. Like Donald Fagen's new Sunken Condos or Diana Krall's new Glad Rag Doll. They have several releases that are remasters and hi-def digital grabs of the magnificent old Mercury Living Presence recordings, re-released Telarc recordings, etc. They also have a lot of rock released in hi-def, both old and new (many are "from scratch" re-masters).

Its still a relatively new medium so it will take time to get EVERYTHING re-sampled and released..

Sorry Russ...

I had hoped not to bother you again on the USB interface, but I have a small personal dilema. I prefer synchronous clocking for the B-II/III, and right now I am using a USB interface which only has a fast enough MC for up to 96 KHz rates. I do have the code to allow for 2X oscillators to be mounted, so I could purchase a couple of CCHD oscillators and have enough speed for proper operation of the OSF at 176.4/192. But, I would rather wait for your USB interface if it is not going to be too long, than spend another $60 on the Crysteks...
If you could give a very general ballpark estimate on when the new interface might be ready for sale, just, sooner than 6 months, or longer than 6 months I would be very appreciative. If you just do not know, of course that is OK.

Its fine.

I am actually glad you brought it up.

XMOS has a new *much better* part than what I had previously designed for. This one has the PHY and the fiddly bits of power management on the chip. It also is more powerful.

So I have retooled for the new part. I am getting advice and information from XMOS on using the new part even today.

I have always planned on using 40+Mhz clocks. I still plan on it. :)

I will be able to give a better ballpark after I get more details from XMOS.

Having the PHY at the chip is a huge win.

Cheers!
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.