• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TPA - USB Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both the stereo and 8 channel XMOS demo boards have been out for quite a while. Nothing new here.

I have been using both to test out things I needed to know to design my own application. While not bad, neither is exactly awesome. Still you can use them with teleporter and get some very good results.

I was thinking of getting the 2 channel XMOS reference board and using it with the teleporter for i2s into my Buffalo II. What is "not awesome" about the reference boards? Did you discover some problems with them as you used them? In what ways does your design application better the reference boards?

Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge.

Aaron.

network module will permit multichannel i think

Yes it definitely could. :)

You won't need a highly optimized host for this approach either, just the files you wan to play. You actually don't even need a network. There will be other ways to get at your audio with this approach. :)

There is nothing magical or even particularly beneficial about USB for audio. Don't get me wrong, its a fine solution, but I am not convinced it is the best - quite the reverse actually. I am certain it can be done better.

Status
Not open for further replies.