• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TPA - USB Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but will the module have the ability to accept an I2S input from a suitable ADC? It would seem that the XMOS chip is capable of this and if it would only be a case of adding in another pin to a header etc, I'd certainly find that capability very useful.

UPDATE:

I have to explain the delay in the project. While I was hoping the new ESS SoC design would come to fruition I am not sure how long that project is going to take. So I am pressing on with the XMOS design. I want to be playing music sooner rather than later. Really they are two different applications anyway. :)

I also had to scrap some of my early layout work when I found some errors in my imported parts from PADS. No big deal, but made what I thought would be fairly simple more challenging. It actually forced me to create my own parts for myself, and thus understand the datasheets much better.

I will begin posting some board images to get user feedback soon. The board will be bus powered. It will be stereo. Also the idea is to keep it Opus sized if possible, so I won''t be adding any unnecessary stuff. :)

As for working with Linux, I do not believe there will be any issue there as long as the drivers support Audio Class 2.0. I will see if I can test that soon.

Now depending on how well this works, I will likely also do an 8 channel version.

Cheers!
Russ

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Now depending on how well this works, I will likely also do an 8 channel version.

If the XMOS board has enough starch to run FIR filters for crossover and timing duties, then wouldn't that lower the importance of running 8 separate channels originating from the computer? It would for me, if the filters were up to snuff. [My notion of having slack-jaw-amazing surround-format music has faded with the realization that the amount of appropriate source material is as limited as my talent to create same.]

Frank

I'd be interested in a high bandwidth multichannel (assignable) board capable of running a crossover routine. I looked at the miniDSP stuff but there is a 48khz internal limit on sample rate processing, which won't suffice for long.

Something that could handle at least 24/96 would be very interesting.

I'd be interested in a high bandwidth multichannel (assignable) board capable of running a crossover routine. I looked at the miniDSP stuff but there is a 48khz internal limit on sample rate processing, which won't suffice for long.

Something that could handle at least 24/96 would be very interesting.

Wouldn't that be possible using software (and hoping on multi-channel outputs for this module)? Or are you referring to a seperate hardware DSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.