Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Closed Thread

Old 26th August 2012, 06:47 PM   #571
diyAudio Member

Default I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gioz View Post
Hi,
any chance to have synchronous clock from usb transport to buffalo 3 ??

thank
Am almost certain Russ' design will support (optional) synchronous clocking. He has mentioned many times that he likes the sound of the B-III with synchronous clocking.

Old 26th August 2012, 08:54 PM   #572
bluntje is offline bluntje  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrows View Post
I would suspect that the I2S feed from the R pi would be pretty suspect... as the clock generated onboard the card could not be very clean. It will probably be much better to use a really good USB-I2S solution with a dedicated low noise power supply.

Still awaiting Russ' USB-I2S card... Using another solution right now, and am debating whether to upgrade the oscillators (CCHD series) to 2x speed for better synchronous clocking results with the B-II. Right now I am providing masterclock to the B-II at less than the ideal rate for 24/176.4 and 24/192... Still sounds great though... I would rather wait for Russ' solution, which I presume will have the necessary clock rate for best performance with the ESS 9018, than go to all the trouble and expense of upgrading the clocks on my present card...
Thanks for your input, there doesn't seem to be much support for it anyway, perhaps for that same reason. Am now storing my songs on a thunderbolt SSD for the time being. Sounds quite a lot better than from internal hard drive. Keeps me satisfied for now

Lets just enjoy the wait, knowing great things will be revealed at the end

Old 27th August 2012, 03:30 AM   #573
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntje View Post
Thanks for your input, there doesn't seem to be much support for it anyway, perhaps for that same reason. Am now storing my songs on a thunderbolt SSD for the time being. Sounds quite a lot better than from internal hard drive. Keeps me satisfied for now

Lets just enjoy the wait, knowing great things will be revealed at the end
I don't know how the sound could be better using an SSD on Thunderbolt than Internal HDD... Really???

There's not enough latency from either media let alone the file size which is a joke to a HDD.

Are you sure you did not change other components in the chain which would account for this?

I'm really not buying into this

Do

Old 27th August 2012, 06:36 AM   #574
bluntje is offline bluntje  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnocchio View Post
I don't know how the sound could be better using an SSD on Thunderbolt than Internal HDD... Really???

There's not enough latency from either media let alone the file size which is a joke to a HDD.

Are you sure you did not change other components in the chain which would account for this?

I'm really not buying into this

Do

It looks like its constantly reading the file when playing music, maybe thats why? And I suspect there are more factors other than latency, for example I also turn off my internal hdd when playing music because theres another ssd inside running the OS

Did you know you can hook up a usb dac to an ipad by a camera connector? If you happen to have both, please try it out. That is how I listened to music at first and noticed the sound was less clean and less quiet when I went to play music from my computer. Now with the files on the external ssd the sound is much cleaner and much quieter again and its not because my ears have gotten cleaner and quieter

Old 27th August 2012, 01:51 PM   #575
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntje View Post
It looks like its constantly reading the file when playing music, maybe thats why? And I suspect there are more factors other than latency, for example I also turn off my internal hdd when playing music because theres another ssd inside running the OS

Did you know you can hook up a usb dac to an ipad by a camera connector? If you happen to have both, please try it out. That is how I listened to music at first and noticed the sound was less clean and less quiet when I went to play music from my computer. Now with the files on the external ssd the sound is much cleaner and much quieter again and its not because my ears have gotten cleaner and quieter
The important thing is that you're satisfied!

Do

Old 28th September 2012, 03:06 PM   #576
diyAudio Member

Russ, I wonder if you could give us another update on expected timeframe for this?

Cheers!

Old 28th September 2012, 04:18 PM   #577
diyAudio Member

I gave up after waiting for more than 2 years... Just bought a USB-interface from Italy...

Old 28th September 2012, 11:38 PM   #578
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit02 View Post
Russ, I wonder if you could give us another update on expected timeframe for this?
+10000000!!!

Old 28th September 2012, 11:45 PM   #579
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Bass View Post
I gave up after waiting for more than 2 years... Just bought a USB-interface from Italy...
Yes, already using other USB interface with DSD64/128, 384kHz PCM already....

Old 29th September 2012, 11:33 AM   #580
jgazal is offline jgazal  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Bass View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Yes, already using other USB interface with DSD64/128, 384kHz PCM already....
If we keep this destructive criticism, there will be no opportunity to suggest functionalities during product development. TPA will prefer to keep new works confidential.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!