Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Closed Thread

Old 28th March 2011, 06:36 PM   #241
OllBoll is offline OllBoll  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I'm going to have to join the club of eager fans here

Pictures and progress we want!

Just don't forget to make the i2c header exportable and compatible with the other TP products, especially the Joshua Tree... If it had that I'd buy it even if it didn't support any audio output at all =)

// Olle

Old 28th March 2011, 07:45 PM   #242
diyAudio Member

What would you want to control via the I2C header?

Russ posted on another thread that he is finalizing the AC2 as a control board for the DACs, Mux, Joshua Tree, etc. so that is the master.

This board ideally takes USB in and outputs S/PDIF or I2S and comes in at a reasonable price.

Cheers

Thomas

Old 28th March 2011, 07:53 PM   #243
diyAudio Member

I would want to control a Joshua Tree.

I want OS controlled hardware volume, so that I can use generic USB gadgets ( Griffin Powermate for example ), smartphone app remote and manage volume.

If the AC2 can interface with the OS then sure, but otherwise it isn't especially interesting for me.

I mean, why reinvent the wheel with advanced remote controlling when you can buy a simple USB connected gadget that does exactly that, and at the same time allows you to have several of those at the same time?

That and of course a good USB->i2s/spdif interface =)

Old 28th March 2011, 08:47 PM   #244
LeonvB is offline LeonvB  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I want OS controlled hardware volume
That is already possible. USB to I2C converters are cheap, and available.

Old 28th March 2011, 09:36 PM   #245
diyAudio Member

Now that's interesting, if the Joshua Tree does indeed work with generic USB -> I2C converters.

While I would obviously prefer to have everything inside a single box, fallback options are still nice if the TPA doesn't do it =)

Integrated however would allow me to use volume management in Windows too, for if I'm not mistaken Windows 7 still hates everything that has to do with multiple sound cards.

Old 28th March 2011, 09:51 PM   #246
LeonvB is offline LeonvB  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
if I'm not mistaken Windows 7 still hates everything that has to do with multiple sound cards
Windows has multiple volumes for multiple devices. If you open the volume mixer you can select which device you would like to change the volume of. That volume is then changed independant of the rest of the devices. Or is that not what you want?

Old 28th March 2011, 10:00 PM   #247
diyAudio Member

That is it yes, to output sound to one device but control volume with another. Didn't think that was possible in Windows

Old 28th March 2011, 10:14 PM   #248
diyAudio Member

I see. You want to control the volume of the Yoshua tree as a volume control endpoint to the USB audio device that the new USB transport is implementing. That way you could use the Windows volume control to work on the Yoshua directly.

Interesting thought!

Old 28th March 2011, 10:22 PM   #249
diyAudio Member

Exactly!

=)

Old 28th March 2011, 11:56 PM   #250
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Unfortunately the XMOS controller will really be taxed just doing the USB Audio job.

I am really working hard to get this done. I have made some discoveries while testing segments of the design. I will have some work to show soon.

Cheers!
Russ

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!