Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Closed Thread

Old 2nd March 2011, 10:25 AM   #231
NicMac is offline NicMac  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White View Post
As for the isolation, it is not caps. And it will not be on the USB board itself. It is a separate module.
The separate module(s)..... w/ I2S MUX (+ differential transmission modules for I2S (+I2C) over HDMI) and magnetic isolation

Old 2nd March 2011, 03:47 PM   #232
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twest820 View Post
Works for me, as I expect I'd be following the L2 with an ADAU1445.

Doesn't work for me as I have a requirement for six channels of ASIO input. 44.1 would be fine though---the 1445's not short of ASRCs. Any chance of offering say, stereo @ <up to some high rate>, 4 channels @ <up to some high rate> / 2, 8 channels @ <up to some high rate> / 4?
I am assuming that you're going to be using the 1445 to create the crossover filters for an active loudspeaker setup. May I ask why you need 6 input channels? Surround sound?

You do realise that you only need to provide one stereo I2S stream to the 1445, then inside the DSP use the T connector, in sigmastudio, to split this off into as many stereo pairs as you want.

Old 3rd March 2011, 01:27 AM   #233
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th element View Post
May I ask why you need 6 input channels?
A combination of per channel delay equalization and capabilities and pricing of currently available hardware. Time reversed IIR is not feasible on streaming DSPs and I've been unable to identify DSCs which can support it without requiring a little too much pain in some aspect of the implementation for me to find it worthwhile. A VisualDSP++ license for the audio SHARCs is probably the most elegant solution but is out of my budget. And, even if it were affordable, it wouldn't be competitive with a fanless PC on an NRE basis. The moreso in my case as I've already sunk the cost for reverse time VSTs and setting up Firewire audio interfaces.

Since my reverse time processing is unlikely to move off the PC any time soon it would be nice to simplify the ASIO -> Firewire -> audio interface -> SPDIF -> I2S part of the playback chain. Unfortunately xmon's current driver cost structure requires a DIY demand aggregator like Twisted Pear or exaDevices to be competitive. I could write my own device driver but, as that's not a way I particularly care to spend my free time, it's likely one of the two companies---if not both---will beat me to it.

Old 11th March 2011, 01:50 PM   #234
zkdaz is offline zkdaz  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I too had hoped it would be multi (8 or more) channel to do 4 way crossover and equalisation on the source PC which will be under utilised and capable of very fine meshed equalisation, rather than adding the complexity of an AD144x between receiver and DACs.

I was hoping to keep my build all TPA for simplicity but the exaDevices product would meet my requirements. As I am still in the planning phase of my project, I can only hope TPA xmos USB mkII might be multichannel and released before I finish building the rest.

Old 12th March 2011, 01:32 PM   #235
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Our plan is this:

Do a stereo board first and learn we can from it, then possibly to a multi channel version.

Cheers!
Russ

Old 12th March 2011, 08:27 PM   #236
LeonvB is offline LeonvB  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Any idea about the ETA now you've settled for the XMOS chip?

Old 12th March 2011, 08:42 PM   #237
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Lets just say I am planning an order of prototype PCBs in the next few days.

Old 12th March 2011, 09:11 PM   #238
diyAudio Member

Getting 2 channel to work and learning in the process sounds pragmatic to me. Count on me for a preorder.

I can also offer driver stack knowledge for beta testing on Windows.

Cheers

Thomas

Old 13th March 2011, 06:40 AM   #239
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Lil Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White View Post
Lets just say I am planning an order of prototype PCBs in the next few days.
Can't wait to see some pics!

Old 22nd March 2011, 10:40 AM   #240
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil' knight View Post
Can't wait to see some pics!

waiting is the one thing you should prepare for!
and you´re not alone
best
Leif

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!