Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Twisted Pear

Twisted Pear Superior quality electronic kits

Closed Thread

Old 30th January 2011, 01:20 AM   #201
labjr is offline labjr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White View Post
I am working on the layout today. I found out that the L1 chip was just not going to be able to handle what I wanted to do, so I switched to the L2. Otherwise it would be ready for protos by now.
So the L2 is a dual core?

Old 30th January 2011, 01:42 AM   #202
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by labjr View Post
So the L2 is a dual core?
XS1-L2 124QFN Package | XMOS

Looks that way.

Old 30th January 2011, 12:55 PM   #203
LeonvB is offline LeonvB  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I vote for the G4. More memory

Old 30th January 2011, 01:10 PM   #204
Marek is offline Marek  Poland
diyAudio Member

Russ,

is it possible to integrate with TPA Transport I2C bus to connect to I2C of BuffaloII for remote software volume control (by ESS chip) eg via PC volume control?

Thanks
Marek

Old 16th February 2011, 07:08 PM   #205
Anima is offline Anima  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Not alot happening here.. what's the status? I need it badly for my BII project..

Old 18th February 2011, 06:01 PM   #206
OllBoll is offline OllBoll  Sweden
diyAudio Member

A question for i2s masters...

If one used this usb-interface as master, does all slaves synchronize perfectly automatically?

What I wonder is if it would work fine to have both i2s and spdif output at the same time, spdif to an external flashy DAC but i2s to an Opus for subwoofer output.

Would both these DACs be perfectly synchronized without me having to do anything other than connect them correctly?

Or would multiple DACs complicate matters such that it would be better to skip the subwoofer dedicated Opus and instead use flashy dac output -> lowpass and then combine the for the subwoofer.

// Olle

Old 19th February 2011, 01:37 PM   #207
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Russ White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
Not alot happening here.. what's the status? I need it badly for my BII project..
Since I switched from L1 to L2 device I am just being extra careful verifying things because it is not an "app note" design. I am charting a new path for this device.

I have the layout mostly done, I am just working with XMOS and other to verify my work before I start to consume parts.

So yes there is progress.

Also please note there here are TPA we have several new modules in the works which we are extremely excited about. This is only one of those.

Cheers!
Russ

Old 19th February 2011, 02:42 PM   #208
Anima is offline Anima  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ White View Post
Since I switched from L1 to L2 device I am just being extra careful verifying things because it is not an "app note" design. I am charting a new path for this device.

I have the layout mostly done, I am just working with XMOS and other to verify my work before I start to consume parts.

So yes there is progress.

Also please note there here are TPA we have several new modules in the works which we are extremely excited about. This is only one of those.

Cheers!
Russ
Russ,

I hope i didn't seem ungrateful - i just feared that this would become postponed much more than it has. I see it's been set for November '10.. i don't mind waiting for quality, but a guy has to know when he can get his new toys

In your testing, have you been able to obtain 32 bit or is it "only" 24 bit? - i'm not going to take advantage of it, but i'm just really interested in the project.

Old 19th February 2011, 10:41 PM   #209
NicMac is offline NicMac  Italy
diyAudio Member

Default I2S RJ45 connector

Russ,
As the USB transport is also a very interesting "stand-alone" module for people to use between PC and DAC I was wondering if you could accommodate pads for a RJ45 connector for the I2S out using the same pinning as the (few) commercial DAC's that have I2S input (like North Star). And for those (few) of us already tapping DSD/I2S from SACD-players and sending it to the Buffalo using the CAT5/RJ45 interface.
Cheers,
Nic

Old 20th February 2011, 01:42 AM   #210
diyAudio Member

Hows the windows 7 support looking now? If I remember there were some issues regarding this.

Also will there be indicators (LEDs/output pins etc) anywhere that will show the sample rate? I'm going to want some kind of indicator that I can input into a microcontroller for system changes based on sampling frequency and something like that would be very useful.

Also what clock(ing scheme) will be used for the output?/What kind of jitter performance will this have? I expect this to be good anyway, I'm just curious I think lots of people are eagerly awaiting this project! And I just noticed this thread too.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!