• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

TPA - USB Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the board is made to conform to a class driver at which point it should just work on any OS.

Problem is that one of the more popular OSes is falling behind in USB audio driver support.

Some additional features like DXD and direct DSD support might also require a special driver and probably ASIO support since I don't believe there are any OS native sound APIs supporting playback of dsdiff right now.

Cheers

Thomas

Update:

I nearly have the layout done, but there is a design detail that needs to be decided. We are planning to use two great new clocks from Crystek which have enable pins and are similar to what we use on the Buffalo III, but we need higher frequencies then they currently stock. So we are awaiting word from them if they can make special frequencies for us.

I may end up needing to do the layout for multiple possible clocks if they can't. the other possibility is that the first batch may only support up to 192khz. :)

Update:

I nearly have the layout done, but there is a design detail that needs to be decided. We are planning to use two great new clocks from Crystek which have enable pins and are similar to what we use on the Buffalo III, but we need higher frequencies then they currently stock. So we are awaiting word from them if they can make special frequencies for us.

I may end up needing to do the layout for multiple possible clocks if they can't. the other possibility is that the first batch may only support up to 192khz. :)

:cool:8.304mhz and 9:cool:.3168mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.